I'm Just Confused?!?!

Sidetrack_CA

** SOLVED **

Hi All,

I setup an Autelis controller for my Jandy Pool system and all is working fine after adding the commands to the network resources page.  However I am struggling with how to use the network resources.  Here is what I want to do.

I want use the Amazon Echo to control my pool equipment (waterfall, spa jets, lights, etc..)

I configured the network resources and tested each one and no issues.

I have also set up a variables page with every piece of connected equipment that the Autelis can talk to.

So this is where I am stuck.  I know I can control a scene with the Echo.  However the scene needs a device to be in the scene to control.

I as hoping to setup a program that detected the variable change and would run the corresponding network resource.  But I can't figure out how to set the variable without an actual device?

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated..

Thanks,

Rob

I am embarrassed that I figured this out quickly after I posted.  I did not see the option when configuring the ISY to work with the Echo that there was a devices, scened, or Programs tab.  If I would have seen the program tab i would have got it quickly.  It woks fine now!

Thanks for taking the time to read the post!

• 1 month later...

Archived