Insteon LED Failure to Communicate

Hi,

Couldn't find any other place to put this so here it goes.

Last month, I was having a problem with my Insteon LED.  No communications.  I replaced it as a quick fix, as I had a spare.  Finally got around to cracking it open and here are my findings.

Keep in mind....This device is installed in my over the stove range hood (charcoal filter type that recirculates back in the house).  We boil food on average twice a week and have a major lobster fest 6 times a year which can generate ample moisture.  I've had this device for about 4 years and is used with a MS (occupancy) day and night (This light gets plenty of use).  

After cracking it open, I immediately had a sniff.  Two smells:  one of lobster and the other of burnt electronics.

Enjoy

PhanTomiZ

post-6263-0-48211400-1497118567_thumb.jpg

post-6263-0-60633300-1497118576_thumb.jpg

post-6263-0-76352700-1497118586_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Couldn't find any other place to put this so here it goes.

Last month, I was having a problem with my Insteon LED.  No communications.  I replaced it as a quick fix, as I had a spare.  Finally got around to cracking it open and here are my findings.

Keep in mind....This device is installed in my over the stove range hood (charcoal filter type that recirculates back in the house).  We boil food on average twice a week and have a major lobster fest 6 times a year which can generate ample moisture.  I've had this device for about 4 years and is used with a MS (occupancy) day and night (This light gets plenty of use).  

After cracking it open, I immediately had a sniff.  Two smells:  one of lobster and the other of burnt electronics.

Enjoy

PhanTomiZ

attachicon.gif20170610_135835.jpg

attachicon.gif20170610_135811.jpg

attachicon.gif 20170610_135804.jpg

The heat from the stove is probably more than the electronics in the bulb can handle. You may have to give up on the Insteon bulb and use a heat resistant bulb that's designed for such an application.

Archived