Suggestion

It would be nice to tell Alexia "Turn on Espresso Machine at 7 AM" and have it all warmed up and ready for me to make my morning Latte for me when I get up. Now I have to remember to tell her to turn it on while I'm still trying to open my eyes and hope its hot enough by the time I crawl out of bed and make my way to it.

You can do that now with an ISY program. You can even have different turn on times depending on the day of the week. You don't even have to remember to do it B)

Caveat: It won't work if your wake-up schedule varies.

I use Gentle Alarm Clock and Tasker on my Android phone to communicate my alarm time to my ISY using REST calls. That way I can run programs to coincide with my alarm time (or a certain amount of time before or after). It automatically adjusts to my alarm time, so as long as it is set properly, the program runs at the proper time.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by giesen

You can do that now with an ISY program. You can even have different turn on times depending on the day of the week. You don't even have to remember to do it B)

Caveat: It won't work if your wake-up schedule varies.

I have a commercial 240v 30 amp nuova simonelli espresso machine (I own a coffee house too so I'm a coffee snob) connected to a normally off insteon load controller.. I know I can put it on a set program but some days I sleep till 6 am, other till noon, some days I never get up. It would be nice to just tell Alexia to turn something on at a specific time before I go to bed when I usually have a clue when I might rise the next day.

I have a commercial 240v 30 amp nuova simonelli espresso machine (I own a coffee house too so I'm a coffee snob) connected to a normally off insteon load controller.. I know I can put it on a set program but some days I sleep till 6 am, other till noon, some days I never get up. It would be nice to just tell Alexia to turn something on at a specific time before I go to bed when I usually have a clue when I might rise the next day.

Possible solution: create a program that uses a variable to set the time the load controller turns on, use Alexa to set the variable (see: https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Portal_Amazon_Echo_Integration).

BTW, when was the last time you never got up?