using dusk / dawn part of 2420 Motion Sensor?

someguy

I'd like to use the dusk/dawn part of the 2420 to only turn on the lights in our living room when it is dark enough. I see that I can adust the sensitivity of the dusk/dawn sensor using the ISY.

I'd like to know how this can be used. I'd suspect that I'd use it as ON means it is dark and OFF means it is light and adjust the sensitivity appropriately, but when I click on the dusk/dawn in the MAIN tab of the administrative console, there is no "status" for the device.

Anyone know how to accomplish what I am asking?

I'd like to use the dusk/dawn part of the 2420 to only turn on the lights in our living room when it is dark enough. I see that I can adust the sensitivity of the dusk/dawn sensor using the ISY.

I'd like to know how this can be used. I'd suspect that I'd use it as ON means it is dark and OFF means it is light and adjust the sensitivity appropriately, but when I click on the dusk/dawn in the MAIN tab of the administrative console, there is no "status" for the device.

Anyone know how to accomplish what I am asking?

There will not be a Status for the Dusk/Dawn sensor until the level has passed the threshold for at least 3.5 minutes. And because the motion sensor is battery powered it cannot be Queried.

Yes, Dark=On. This page has Motion Sensor info: Linking_a_Motion_Sensor. Hopefully the FAQs at the bottom can answer your questions. If not please let me know.

I have been using the Climate Module for Light data. The data is updated every 60 seconds and is accurate to 0.1%. Almost too much information but with a program to buffer the data and some tweaking for Light levels I have been very happy with the results. You will need a station that supplies Light data that is close to your home. I found a local high school. ISY-99i_Series_INSTEON:WeatherBug.

Rand

I actually don't want to use outside light, but the actual amount of light in the room. I'd like the room lights to go on when there is motion in the room, but only when the room isn't lit well from light coming in the windows.

here is the program that I'm using to turn on the light:

If
       Control 'Hearth-7-MS-NotBeta' is switched On
   And Status  'Hearth-5-Lamplinc' is Off

Then
       Set Scene 'Hearth Room Light Scene' On

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

How could I modify this program to use the ISY's dusk/dawn?

Can I just add "and status "hearth-7-Dusk/Dawn" is ON"

I actually don't want to use outside light, but the actual amount of light in the room. I'd like the room lights to go on when there is motion in the room, but only when the room isn't lit well from light coming in the windows.

here is the program that I'm using to turn on the light:

If
       Control 'Hearth-7-MS-NotBeta' is switched On
   And Status  'Hearth-5-Lamplinc' is Off

Then
       Set Scene 'Hearth Room Light Scene' On

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

How could I modify this program to use the ISY's dusk/dawn?

Can I just add "and status "hearth-7-Dusk/Dawn" is ON"

Yes, you can add that line to the Conditions. Or you can set jumper 3 in the motion sensor so it will only send motion commands when Dark.

Rand

Archived