MobiLinc Camera Events caught its first criminal

InsteonNut

Hi Folks,

One of our Camera Events customers sent me this image over the July 4th weekend. MobiLinc Camera Events caught a burglar in the user's the garage breaking into their cars to steal loose change and sunglasses. They woke up to notifications on their iPhone saying "Someone was in the garage" powered by the Camera Events people detection.

All images/timestamps were provided to police.

For more information about Camera Events and how to add your cameras, see our website: http://mobilinc.com/features/camevents/ or you can email us at support@mobilinc.com and we'll be happy to help.

Wes

CameraEventsBreakIn50.png

It looked like he had a cell phone in his hand and used it as a flashlight to look into the cars and around the garage. He avoided one of the cars because it had one of those "fake" car alarm blinking LEDs on it. The other didn't have that and got broken into. 

The iR illumination used in the nightime capable cams really bounces off the bright and shiny objects.

I have the same problem on my cheap DLink cam. A shiny galvanised dust collector pipe reflects so loudly it blinds the rest of the image.

In this case it wasn't too bad off the light coloured box.

I find Apple device cam sensors are really bad for this "blinding and blurring". Real sharp pictures on the wife's iPad gen 3, but with some backlighting window showing , it's garbage.  Probably just a sensor low dynamic range capability. Digital  camera sensors don't seem to have the problem so badly.

Should make you proud though.

Archived