ISY994i/Mobilinc/Echo/Remote Access Help

Kentinada

I have been an iSY994i user for sometime now.  It works great.  I have also been a Mobilinc app user which works well too.  I had subscribed to the Mobilinc Connect portal which gave me remote access to my home automation gear when I was away from home.  Then I added an Amazon Echo last January.  At the time, I don't think Mobilinc fully supported Alexa (although now it does).  So I subscribed to the ISY Portal and deactivated Mobilinc Connect portal.  My subscription just came up again for Mobilinc Connect and now I'm confused about what I really need.  My questions are: 

1. I can't use both portals together as I understand it.  I have to choose either the ISY portal or Mobilinc Connect portal. Correct? 
  2. If I want to be able to connect to my home automation while away from home, what are my options from my ipad/iphone?

Thanks for any help/pointers.  

I dont use any portal, so I will refrain from offering second-hand knowledge.

For remote access one can use one of the apps, with or without a portal subscription, or a web browser. Avoiding the portal requires a bit of extra work with router settings.

Archived