Device Status

I have a fairly stable installation with no major issues other occasional insteon switch with a amber color indicator and a device reset usually takes care of fixing the communication issue.

what's bothering me the most, and at first I thought the issue is in Mobilinc, is a status mismatch for insteon switches. today I was home alone and turned on one light and started working on some program when I noticed that the device is not showing on on the ISY console. how common is this issue and what are the steps i need to take to fix this issue?

Thanks

I would think this is an indication of communication problems, yes.  How isolated is your PLM from other electronic gadgets, computers, UPS, power supplies?

I doubt that this has anything to do with mobilinc.  

The Amber colored LED is a Insteon power line only  Icon line switch.

It could be power line communications issues. If the status does not change when locally activated.

You may want to do a Show Device Link Table in the Diagnostics and then use compare to see if it matches what the ISY Console thinks it is.

Since it is a older Insteon I1 protocol module. If there is any power line issues it may show up as unable to read the modules links. The original Peek and Poke commands take a string of commands to read one Link Table entry.

I have the PLM on a circuit breaker of its own. 

That sounds good!

When one turns on a device and it fails to register with the ISY, I tend to blame communication somewhere.  If not caused by interference near the PLM, then I would start looking for potential culprits near the switch.  Is the switch connected to a load?  What is the load (could the load be causing the interference)?  Beyond that, identify other potential sources of interference (electronic gadgets, power supplies, wall warts, LV lighting) on that same circuit as the switch.

Archived