isy994i in safe mode

I have about 20-30 power  outages per year here. My ISY has never done that to me yet with both booting together.

I am on my second PLM in three years+. The first PLM was not showing signs of defect butI got a new one and tested it before I needed it. I rely on my ISY a fair bit now.

It may be just the luck of the draw with power supply capacitors aging and charging faster and/or slower.

If the power outages where real short.

In theory the ISY994i and PLM power supplies didn't discharge completely. So an orderly power up sequence didn't happen.

I had this problem with my router and other equipment. In the rural we get some real fast power blinks from the Line Reclosers that attempt to clear the grid power dump following a lightning strike discharging to ground. My router seemed to drop connections, but not reboot. Many poorly  written Ethernet devices have problems healing broken connections, and become inaccessible on my HA system. The power cycling of the router or each individual piece of equipment became very tiresome.

A longer power blink setting on my UPS system has helped a lot, forcing things to reboot from scratch.

Archived