Update 1.6.624

James Peterson

I am pushing out a new update today.  It has a few bug fixes and updates based on user reviews and reports.

I am also testing a small new feature, battery monitoring.  There will be an option in settings to turn this on if you want to try it.  While most zwave devices provide a percentage of battery level, Insteon provides a low battery indicator or a heartbeat.  These were hard to get right and I don't know it I did or not, so I am hoping to get some feedback on devices from anyone that tries the feature.  

As always, I have squashed as many bugs as I could that people reported.

The update should be available soon.  

• 3 weeks later...

I've a dozen z-wave smoke detectors and they all seem to be sending proper battery levels. None have dropped low enough to send a notification yet. BTW I love this feature. Thanks for all that you do for this app.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You can adjust the notification level in the settings if you want to test.

Thx. I've let my zwave door locks run dead a few times so I had motivation for this feature.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I am pushing out a new update today.  It has a few bug fixes and updates based on user reviews and reports.

I am also testing a small new feature, battery monitoring.  There will be an option in settings to turn this on if you want to try it.  While most zwave devices provide a percentage of battery level, Insteon provides a low battery indicator or a heartbeat.  These were hard to get right and I don't know it I did or not, so I am hoping to get some feedback on devices from anyone that tries the feature.  

As always, I have squashed as many bugs as I could that people reported.

The update should be available soon.  

I turned this notification this week and received my first alert - my 8 Scene RemoteLinc 2 battery was low. I was pleased to be informed and charged it up yesterday and cleared the notification.

This morning it's reporting low battery again. Since I don't see a way to observe battery status in the ISY admin console for this device, I'm now wondering could this be a bug?

I turned this notification this week and received my first alert - my 8 Scene RemoteLinc 2 battery was low. I was pleased to be informed and charged it up yesterday and cleared the notification.

This morning it's reporting low battery again. Since I don't see a way to observe battery status in the ISY admin console for this device, I'm now wondering could this be a bug?

I don't know if i'd consider it a bug.  I am learning that the Insteon devices do not seem to be very reliable with sending the heartbeat signals.  I may remove the Insteon check from the feature and just leave Zwave.  Thanks for the update. 

I don't know if i'd consider it a bug.  I am learning that the Insteon devices do not seem to be very reliable with sending the heartbeat signals.  I may remove the Insteon check from the feature and just leave Zwave.  Thanks for the update. 

By way of update, a day or two after the post I stopped getting the notice for my remote. I really like the idea of monitoring my Insteon battery devices if the notifications are reliable.

By way of update, a day or two after the post I stopped getting the notice for my remote. I really like the idea of monitoring my Insteon battery devices if the notifications are reliable.

Maybe I'll add an option to exclude Insteon devices.  more and more, I'm starting to rethink the idea.  It really depends on the heartbeats and that is something I can not control. 

Archived