BETA Release 2.7.1 is now available

MikeB

Hi Illusion,

Yes, you are right.

With kind regards,

Michel

After carefully re-reading the upgrade notes this is what I understand:

I have an ISY-26 with 2.7.0

I DO NOT need to downgrade to 2.6.5 or 2.6.0 in order to install the upgrade to 2.7.1

Am I reading this right?

Hello KEoqgtkQ,

These are the values as provided to us by SH ... so, I am not sure if you can go lower than that.

With kind regards,

Michel

I'm trying to set the LED Brightness to a low value in 2.7.1 and it doesn't seem to let me go below 17.

This is a new system and I've never tried to do this before, so I don't know if this is a new bug or not.

Hello KEoqgtkQ,

These are the values as provided to us by SH ... so, I am not sure if you can go lower than that.

With kind regards,

Michel

I'm trying to set the LED Brightness to a low value in 2.7.1 and it doesn't seem to let me go below 17.

This is a new system and I've never tried to do this before, so I don't know if this is a new bug or not.

When I set the LED Brightness locally at the switch, the ISY shows LED Brightness values lower than that, e.g. 3.

The product documentation also talks about 32 brightness levels.

Hello again,

I did force it to less than 17 and it had no impact whatsoever. Do you see a change between 17 and 3?

With kind regards,

Michel

Yes, a big change. You can see it by hitting A and D simultaneously and changing the dim to very low and then hitting A and D again.

Hello KEoqgtkQ,

What version of KPL do you have? I cannot go below 17 on mine (2C).

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello again,

I did force it to less than 17 and it had no impact whatsoever. Do you see a change between 17 and 3?

With kind regards,

Michel

Yes, a big change. You can see it by hitting A and D simultaneously and changing the dim to very low and then hitting A and D again.

I'm seeing the same behavior reported earlier by KEoqgtkQ: I manually turned off the backlight of a KPL (v.2D). Opening the LED Brightness control in ISY99i (v 2.7.0) for the KPL displays value 3. If I try to set it via ISY to a value less than 17 (such as 3 again) it resets to 17 when clicking OK, and writes that to the KPL. So the backlight comes back on at that level.

When I then manually turn off the backlight at the device, ISY again shows the value as 3.

Hello markens,

Thanks so very much for the feedback. I believe in the power of democracy! Although the documentation says otherwise and since I cannot sense any changes below 17, but since there are two precedences with the same results, I am going to change the range to:

from 1 to 63 (inclusive)

This should be available in the next drop.

With kind regards,

Michel

I'm seeing the same behavior reported earlier by KEoqgtkQ: I manually turned off the backlight of a KPL (v.2D). Opening the LED Brightness control in ISY99i (v 2.7.0) for the KPL displays value 3. If I try to set it via ISY to a value less than 17 (such as 3 again) it resets to 17 when clicking OK, and writes that to the KPL. So the backlight comes back on at that level.

When I then manually turn off the backlight at the device, ISY again shows the value as 3.

Hello,

I'm finding that my ISY/99i isn't registering the status of my light switches when they're turned on locally. The status appeas correct for any light or plug-in module when turned on either through an Event or Device change.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Regards,

Todd

P.S., I'm running firmware version 2.7.1

HTML and REST In 2.7 and 2.7.1 (I did not check previous versions...) the fan status of the thermostat shows ON even when the fan is set to AUTO.

Rest module returns CLIFS value 255 when set to Auto. Formated = ""

CLISPC value is ""

CLISPH value is ""

Admin console returns correct value auto.

Burak

Hi Burakk,

While trying to debug the issue, I realized that the current adapter firmware does NOT support querying for the FAN (it always returns 255). As such, the best we can do at the moment is to remove querying for fan state. This means that:

On startup, you will not know the status of the FAN

Once you change the state, it remains

With kind regards,

Michel

I continue to get a "Upgrade Failed - Invalid Length" error when I try to do a manual upgrade with my ISY-99...anyone experiencing something similar. Trying the upgrade option as I can't get my ISY-99I to show any ELK command lines....used to flash at the top of the screen some items about arm or disarm....that is gone now....uploading a file to my Elk M1 Gold does nothing as far as enabling the M1 to speak to the lights......Is this what is called a 'black hole'?

BETA firmware release 2.7.1 is now available for the ISY-99 and ISY-26 family of home automation / energy conservation controllers. Below is a summary of changes since our last release (2.7.0):

FIXES

- Factory reset now functions correctly

- IOLinc status now updates properly in device list

- Added link mode warning dialog when adding Motion Sensors

- Fixed issue with status accuracy after RemoteLinc Dim/Brighten

- Ignore duplicate messages from RF devices

- Support for EZIO6I

- Support for EZIO2x4

- Support for EZIO40 (not working 100%)

- Support for EZRain

ENHANCEMENTS

- Support for 40 default IR codes to simplify configuration of Harmony and CCF compatible universal remote controls (see http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=2438 )

- Now shows all buttons in the overview/HTML (including KeypadLinc secondaries)

- Support for new KPLs

NOTE: Since this is a beta release, please report any problems found. We are especially interested in EZxx module experiences, specifically when using them within scenes.

IMPORTANT NOTES - PLEASE READ THROUGH BEFORE UPGRADING

- Please ensure you have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding. Users running firmware 2.6.1 should also take a separate export of their Programs.

- Many anti-virus and firewall packages can interfere with the ISY's Administrative Console, especially during firmware updates. Please consider disabling them before running a firmware upgrade.

- Please be sure to run firmware upgrades from a stable and, if possible, hardwired network connection. Avoid running firmware upgrades from marginal wifi conncections. If possible, avoid running firmware upgrades from off-site locations.

- Browser bookmarks to the ISY and Admin Console created while running older ISY firmware versions may not work with newer firmware versions due to URL changes. Please be sure to update your shortcuts accordingly after upgrading your firmware.

- If you are having a problem locating your ISY in My Network Places, please try http://www.universal-devices.com/99i instead.

- After upgrading your firmware, please close ALL browser windows and clear your Java cache as outlined in this article: http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... Java_Cache

- Please note that firmware releases 2.6.1 and above now use default HTTP and HTTTPS ports (80 and 443, respectively). If you are running ISY-26 release 2.6 or ISY-99 release 1.0.0, please DISABLE internet access before this firmware upgrade, then re-enable once the upgrade is complete.

- ISY-26 owners running older firmware versions should upgrade to release 2.6.5 ( http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=1409 ) before upgrading to release 2.7.1.

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISY-26 OWNERS RUNNING FIRMWARE 2.6.8 THROUGH 2.6.15

PLEASE be sure to have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding.

ISY-26 owners running firmware versions 2.6.8 through 2.6.15 will need to install temporary firmware 2.6.0 before upgrading to 2.7.1. Please follow the steps below to complete your upgrade:

- download and save 2.6.0 from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

USERNAME: isy

PASSWORD: autoupdate

- login to Admin Console

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING and choose the 2.6.0 file downloaded in the previous step

- wait for your ISY to reboot, RX and TX lights will be on (this is normal)

- download and save 2.7.1 from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- login to your Admin Console using the following URL: http://www.universal-devices.com/99i

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING, and choose the 2.7.1 file downloaded in the previous step

- wait for your ISY to reboot

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISY-26 OWNERS RUNNING ALL OTHER FIRMWARE VERSIONS

As noted above, ISY-26 owners running older firmware versions should upgrade to 2.6.5 before proceeding.

Please follow the steps below to complete your upgrade:

- download and save 2.7.1 from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

- login to Admin Console

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING and choose the 2.7.1 file downloaded in the previous step

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISY-99 OWNERS

Please follow the steps below to complete your upgrade:

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

- login to Admin Console

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING and choose the 2.7.1 file downloaded in the previous step

REMINDER!

After upgrading your firmware, please close ALL browser windows and clear your Java cache as outlined in this article: http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... Java_Cache

I continue to get a "Upgrade Failed - Invalid Length" error when I try to do a manual upgrade with my ISY-99...anyone experiencing something similar. Trying the upgrade option as I can't get my ISY-99I to show any ELK command lines....used to flash at the top of the screen some items about arm or disarm....that is gone now....uploading a file to my Elk M1 Gold does nothing as far as enabling the M1 to speak to the lights......Is this what is called a 'black hole'?

The error during your upgrade attempt is typically caused by anti-virus and/or firewall software blocking the ISY from performing the upgrade. I would recommend you disable anything you have running during the upgrade, and check out this forum for more details:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewforum.php?f=3

Regarding your Elk issue, if you are not seeing the Elk arm/disarm bar across the top it means we are not in good communications with your Elk. I would launch your ISY's Admin Console, click the Configuration tab, and erase anything you have in your ELK fields, then SAVE. Then double-check and re-type your Elk's IP address, your Elk's NON-SECURE port (by default 2101 I believe), and your Elk's security code. If the Elk bar does not reappear, please reboot your ISY and re-launch your Admin Console and the bar should return.

I am also finding it impossible to update to 2.7.1, and I'm using a macbook with no antivirus installed, a direction connection to the ISY, and the java cache completely cleared - three times!

There is clearly something else wrong here for some of us. Any ideas? This is becoming a real pain...

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have attempted to upgrade to Beta ver 2.7.1 and get the following errors about 10 - 15% into the upgrade:

Upgrade failed:Invalid Length

Upgrade failed:Java.io.IOException:An established was aborted by the software on your machine.

I have attempted this multiple times and also downloaded the beta (insteion.zip) multiple times in case it was corrupted.

One side issue. Since I attempted the initial upgrade I can now longer access the admin console. Using the working by going to http://www.universal-devices.com/99i

Hi Mark -

This error is typically caused by anti-virus or firewall software interfering with the upgrade process. Have you disabled all anti-virus and firewall software before attempting the upgrade?

Also, if possible, please be sure to upgrade from a local wired connection (as opposed to wireless).

Please let us know, and also let us know what your current firmware version is.

Thanks

Could you please let us know what error message/symptoms you are getting? Also which firmware are you currently on, and what model (99 or 26).

2.7.2 will be released shortly.

Same as other user above: Invalid Length.

It hangs at somewhere between 2 - 13% most of the time, although once I made it all the way to 31%. I AM clearing the java files (as always), and now I've tried updating on three different machines: An HP running XP Media Center, a Thinkpad running XP Pro, and even a Mac running NO antivirus or firewall software! Note that I've always had problems updating the firmware in my ISY, but now it's become impossible, at least with this beta version.

I am using a 99I Pro, with firmware 2.7.0 (took forever to get it to THAT version)...

The amount of time I'm having to put into this thing is absolutely ridiculous, and I hope you guys fix this updating problem SOON, please.

Thanks for the lead Michael,

I, for some reason, got my Admin Console to work with the Elk info line on the top of the Config page. I wish I knew what I did to get there, but in any event I got it working after spending quite a bit of time doing this and that. I didn't attempt to do the upgrade to the latest beta release. Things are working so I am wanting to leave them alone for now.

Things other folks can try that I worked at;

- Paused Kaspersky - Yes I was running it and UD Admin Console seemed more stable with it stopped.

- I needed to remove a EZIO2X4 and somehow made a mess of it. It required me to telnet in and do a factory reset. Hate getting to that point, but the result was positive. I thought, what the hey, I have nothing to lose at this point. However I did have the ISY communicating to the Elk before this point.

- After reset, I brought in one device at a time. One of the biggest chores I found was to ensure the devices didn't link to each other, especially the 2450 I/O Linc. That part isn't quite as easy as I had hoped...but I am sure given more experience it will come easier to me.

- My hardware list that is up and running thus far is;

- ISY-99i/IR Pro

- 2412S PLM

- 2450 I/O Linc

- 2 x 2476D dimmers

- Elk M1 Gold

I found a fantastic application for my iTouch. It is called eK Plus and it talks to the Elk via wireless to the M1XEP. Make sure you check this out. It adds something to this home automation project I was thinking would be years down the road. I needed a bit of support as I failed to read the instructions properly, and Jayson got me running in literally minutes via a few emails...super product and super support.

http://web.mac.com/japps/eKeypad_Plus/Overview.html

So, my set up of these products goes like this.

- Bring the devices into ISY Admin Console.

- Create no programs in the ISY as i want to do all that in the Elk M1G

- "Generate Elk Export File"

- Login to ElkRP, import the above file over writing existing 'lights'.

- Save and 'Send' Lighting to the M1G control.

- Disconnect from the ElkRP

- Test system. This is where the eK Plus application on my iTouch shines.

One struggle I do have is I created a scene in ISY Admin Console and added both the dimmers to it...and within ISY they work in unison....and dim or what ever together....but over in the Elk side of things, they can only turn on and off, I want them to dim, and yes I have adjusted the lighting table to 'Dimmer' from 'On/Off". I suspect I need to make an adjustment to the export file or something in the ISY prior to sending the export file to the Elk....Anyone have thoughts on that?

So, I had a fun weekend with it. Yup a bit of frustration here and there...especially having to 'factory Reset' the ISY. But knowone got hurt and even the language was appropriate for your Mom to hear....so lots I can stuff into my 'experience bag'. It's challenging, but that is the very reason I am taking on this project...besides I don't have a rusty old car in the garage to take apart and put back together.

Cheers,

Archived