What about no connection?

pilotgeek

I recall that when there is no 1, 2, or cloud in the upper left, there is no connection.  A problem I see frequently is as follows:

• Agave is up, running, doing its thing (connected to 1)
  • Press the "lock button" to shut off the screen -- then put it in my pocket
  • 5 minutes later I pull it out of my pocket and unlock.  Agave is on the screen.. with no connection

I then have to proceed to fiddle with it for an indeterminate and annoying amount of time to get it to try to connect.

Is there a "reconnect now" soft key?  What is best practice?

Regards,

Neal

• 3 weeks later...

I recall that when there is no 1, 2, or cloud in the upper left, there is no connection.  A problem I see frequently is as follows:

• Agave is up, running, doing its thing (connected to 1)
  • Press the "lock button" to shut off the screen -- then put it in my pocket
  • 5 minutes later I pull it out of my pocket and unlock.  Agave is on the screen.. with no connection

I then have to proceed to fiddle with it for an indeterminate and annoying amount of time to get it to try to connect.

Is there a "reconnect now" soft key?  What is best practice?

Regards,

Neal

Ever since android implemented the DOZE feature this has been an issue.  I tend to just swipe close the app and restart quick to get a reconnect if it did not recognize the wake lock.  Either that or wait for a max of I believe ~30 secs to be sure that Agave has gone through a complete cycle of connection verification. 

Ever since android implemented the DOZE feature this has been an issue.  I tend to just swipe close the app and restart quick to get a reconnect if it did not recognize the wake lock.  Either that or wait for a max of I believe ~30 secs to be sure that Agave has gone through a complete cycle of connection verification. 

James,

Exiting and going back can be time consuming, as I then have to go back to where I was in the application.

How would you feel about one or more of the following:

• Always allowing the connection corner to refresh and/or reconnect (it could also be an opportunity to cycle through the connection priorities again)
  • pulldown refresh (pulling down the whole application)
  • configuration setting to lower the 30 second refresh threshold

Regards,

Nel

Archived