Garage Door opens at least once a day

EddieRock

Certainly you could just unhook the insteon device and if the problem stops . . .   Then hook it back up and if it starts again, that would settle it for me.  I'm going to put my money on it being an insteon issue.

There are some pretty easy, inexpensive and "secure" ways to control you GDO from ISY without Insteon.  There are a number of network devices that control relays.  ISY can use IP on your LAN to control those devices behind your homes firewall.  You can use https or ISY portal to control your ISY securely from outside your LAN.

I don't really know too much about zwave secureness and tendency to mis-behave.

For example, a CAI webcontrol board hooked up to a relay board.  Or a global cache.  Or lots of others.  You can wire the relay directly to your GDO or you can wire it to a rolling code garage door remote.  In my situation, I have an Elk relay wired to a rolling code remote.  Had I had the foresight to run a wire from Elk to GDO while the house was under cunstruction, I would have it hard wired.  But, this works perfectly so no worries.  

Wow, you'd sacrifice three vehicles to secure your garage!

Let's just say I'm a firm believer in comprehensive insurance coverage for the home and automobiles. Leaving three vehicles outside gives the illusion of someone at home while offering force protection. A Bobcat is left inside because it's worth more than two of the other vehicles!

Never mind all the other expensive gear inside of the man cave! Besides enjoying a few cold ones in there I actually perform lots of work inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's just say I'm a firm believer in comprehensive insurance coverage for the home and automobiles. Leaving three vehicles outside gives the illusion of someone at home while offering force protection. A Bobcat is left inside because it's worth more than two of the other vehicles!

Never mind all the other expensive gear inside of the man cave! Besides enjoying a few cold ones in there I actually perform lots of work inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you need another garage/workshop/shed.

Archived