Amazon Echo Not Discovering Devices

dbuss

I'm attempting to get Amazon Echo connected to my ISY.

Here's what I have done:

1. Installed the UDI portal on my ISY.

2.Linked the portal to my Amazon account.

3. Added the ISY Smart Home skill to my Alexa App.

4. Tried to discover devices several times with none added.

I've repeated all the above steps several times with the same results.

What am I missing?

Thanks!!

I added the ISY skill and am able to control devices with this. However, Alexa still is unable to discover devices. ISY for Smart Home and the ISY skill are linked to the same Amazon account.

Any ideas?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

There are actually two ISY skills; ISY and ISY Optimized for Smart Home V2. You need to install the latter skill (or both)..

I've installed both Stu.

Stu, the attached screenshots I believe answer your questions.

Also, if I ask Alexa verbally to discover devices she says this will take about 20 seconds......and when finished she says no devices found.

Ok

0c905ddbb66bfbc9ac79e0620d9fba4a.jpga3f65e2c5ed9d0f876e7ef60108ad50e.jpg2ebf201b90ae1b0ffce60dc4af547449.jpg57d3d17370e28127f35db4c8c5059eeb.jpg

a5c6295e50703d3fd7eeb91ac15ec762.jpg

Hi dbuss,

I do not think Alexa is tied to the same account as you linked to your ISY Portal. What I suggest is this:

1. Unlink the Amazon Echo account from ISY Portal (under My Profile)

2. In the Echo app, Disable ISY V2

3. Close all your browsers. Also, please make sure you use a computer. Some mobile apps keep cookies around

4. Log back into ISY Portal and redo: http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Portal_Amazon_Echo_Integration#Instructions_for_Smart_Home_API

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi dbuss,

I do not think Alexa is tied to the same account as you linked to your ISY Portal. What I suggest is this:

1. Unlink the Amazon Echo account from ISY Portal (under My Profile)

2. In the Echo app, Disable ISY V2

3. Close all your browsers. Also, please make sure you use a computer. Some mobile apps keep cookies around

4. Log back into ISY Portal and redo: http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Portal_Amazon_Echo_Integration#Instructions_for_Smart_Home_API

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel & Stu,

I discovered the problem. When I went to unlink the Amazon​ account from the Isy portal, I discovered in my profile that I was not linked to any Amazon account!!

Once I linked the Amazon account all is good.

Thank you very much!!

Archived