Admin console starts then shutsdown

bmiller

I tried to use Mobilinc to connect to my isy, but it wouldn't. I rebooted the isy and unplugged the PLM. to no avail. When i try to start the console, i can login and for about 2 seconds see the opening

page with all my devices, and then the console immediately closes and the window disappears. Never happened before. I have no control over my devices. The PLM is only about a year old.

Thanks for any help.

I tried to use Mobilinc to connect to my isy, but it wouldn't. I rebooted the isy and unplugged the PLM. to no avail. When i try to start the console, i can login and for about 2 seconds see the opening

page with all my devices, and then the console immediately closes and the window disappears. Never happened before. I have no control over my devices. The PLM is only about a year old.

Thanks for any help.

It may be related to firewall software. Try disabling your firewall.

Which operating system  and firewall are you using?

I'm using a Mac with same operating system and virus protection for the last 6 months.

It worked fine from mobilinc on my android phone and from my Mac last week. I assume

It's a common problem from the isy.

It was my Avast virus protection on my Mac. I installed it a few months ago and i don't believe i tried the Admin Console since then. I had to disable The Web Shield part.

and now it works on the Mac. That doesn't explain why Mobilinc doesn't work all of a sudden, but that's another separate problem. It was working last week while i was away and toying with the house sitter.

Thanks for the help as always

Brad

You are correct. I've never had a virus program running on my Mac until a few months ago and it never occured to me to even look in that direction. Not like my old windows days where that would be one of the first things to do.

My isp must change secure addresses every now and again. It's been a long time since they did that.

Thanks for the chuckle Gary and yes we've all been down this road before.

Cheers

Brad

It was my Avast virus protection on my Mac. I installed it a few months ago and i don't believe i tried the Admin Console since then. I had to disable The Web Shield part.

and now it works on the Mac. That doesn't explain why Mobilinc doesn't work all of a sudden, but that's another separate problem. It was working last week while i was away and toying with the house sitter.

Thanks for the help as always

Brad

Take a look at this link, scroll down to Avast

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Configure_Firewall_Software

Thanks for the link. I must have a newer version of Avast. That option isn't available. Tried disabling a couple of things in web shield, but it still didn't work.

I'm not too worried about it, as the rest of Avast works just fine.

Thanks again.

Brad

I have at least ten computers with Avast, nary a problem with Avast and the ISY. That includes Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10. Why no Windows 9? Because 7 8 9 B)

Archived