Amazon Echo not going to Universal Devices Log In

silverton38

I am trying to set up a new ISY on Amazon echo. I have done this several times in the past so I am very frustrated that it is not working right now.

When I enable the app is goes to a site that say click continue to log in to the ISY portal but does seems to skip it and go to the final step "To continue, close this window to discover devices". If I do try to discover devices no devices are found; most likely because I have not logged in?

Click 'Continue' to sign in to ISY Portal.

No, thanksContinue

I am trying to set up a new ISY on Amazon echo. I have done this several times in the past so I am very frustrated that it is not working right now.

When I enable the app is goes to a site that say click continue to log in to the ISY portal but does seems to skip it and go to the final step "To continue, close this window to discover devices". If I do try to discover devices no devices are found; most likely because I have not logged in?

Log into your Isy portal and click on "My Profile" in the upper right corner and verify that your Amazon account is linked.

Click 'Continue' to sign in to ISY Portal.

No, thanksContinue

Configuration, Portals. Does the portal show as registered and online? Is there an active service?

I am registered online and it is "green". I can log in to my ISY portal. I am hoping it is a short term Universal-devices or Amazon bug. It should go from Enable ISY APP to "continue" to a Universal-devices login (which is not happening right now).

P.S. I have done this dozens of times so I know there is something not right.

I have already linked it and unlinked it several times. I enable the original version and disabled it many times. It works perfectly and asked me for my account. I do not want to control my home by telling IZZY.

The problem is it seems to skip the process of authentication. The fact that IZZY (version 1) works is a good indicator that there is a problem with Amazon and Universal-devices talking. 

Please keep in mind that I have installed this app on many different installations successfully. I was actually removing a Insteon Hub and replace it with a Z-WAVE ISY. Everything is brand new.

Here is what I have done

- I have disabled and installed the app many times

- I have changed my ISY account to another email address which was different from my amazon account and it did not make a difference but I am desperate

- I have installed, un-installed and installed the original first version and it works perfectly everytime; it asked me for authentication

- I have tried several browsers

- I have tried mobile

I have to conclude that Amazon might have changed something which caused the authentication process to be skipped and if I am right no new person can add the V2 until it is fixed.

I do not have an issue with someone from Universal-devices trying it with my account; just contact me privately.

I have already linked it and unlinked it several times. I enable the original version and disabled it many times. It works perfectly and asked me for my account. I do not want to control my home by telling IZZY.

The problem is it seems to skip the process of authentication. The fact that IZZY (version 1) works is a good indicator that there is a problem with Amazon and Universal-devices talking. 

Please keep in mind that I have installed this app on many different installations successfully. I was actually removing a Insteon Hub and replace it with a Z-WAVE ISY. Everything is brand new.

Here is what I have done

- I have disabled and installed the app many times

- I have changed my ISY account to another email address which was different from my amazon account and it did not make a difference but I am desperate

- I have installed, un-installed and installed the original first version and it works perfectly everytime; it asked me for authentication

- I have tried several browsers

- I have tried mobile

I have to conclude that Amazon might have changed something which caused the authentication process to be skipped and if I am right no new person can add the V2 until it is fixed.

I do not have an issue with someone from Universal-devices trying it with my account; just contact me privately.

I have also tried changing IPs (via proxy). It still fails.

I doubt anyone can do this right now with Amazon right now

I was switching from a regular ISY to Z-Wave ISY so when I deleted the old ISY it also removed the preferred ISY. Since the account was linked to this Amazon account for a long time; it did not see anything but still succeeded because the account was linked but not the ISY. This would only be an issue if you are replacing or changing an ISY.

If I could recommend a programming change it would be if an ISY was deleted and one ISY was left in the portal it should automatically be assigned as the default.

Again; happy all is working :)

I look it as a learning experience; not sure if it is a DUH moment?

Here are the clear instructions on how to switch from one ISY to a new ISY; while connected to Amazon and the portal. 

-Add the new ISY

-delete the old ISY

-set the new ISY as a default

-confirm you Amazon account is still listed

-Make new amazon/google device list

-Uninstall the Universal Device APP

-Install the Universal devices APP

-Scan for new devices

Is this correct; if so we should add this to the FAQ.

Archived