2472D Cannot Determine Insteon Engine

Dr Pepper

Today I added a 2477D Dimmer and a 2472D Dimmer Outlet in the same electrical box.  The circuit consists of a GFCI outlet and these two devices.  Total wire length on the circuit is 5 feet maybe (its right behind the breaker box).   The 2477D added on the first try.  The 2472D will not add saying it does not recognize the Insteon Engine.

I tried plugging an Access Point into the outlet but that does not help.

Earlier I had added a 2472D to another circuit that has a lot of various devices and it has over 50 feet of wire length.

So the outlet that added is an older version (bought new off ebay but Rev 6.0 from 2011) and the outlet that will not add is brand new from Smarthomes Labor Day sale.

So is there any known issue with the latest Rev 7.2 (from 2016) of the 2472D? 

Thanks

Today I added a 2477D Dimmer and a 2472D Dimmer Outlet in the same electrical box.  The circuit consists of a GFCI outlet and these two devices.  Total wire length on the circuit is 5 feet maybe (its right behind the breaker box).   The 2477D added on the first try.  The 2472D will not add saying it does not recognize the Insteon Engine.

I tried plugging an Access Point into the outlet but that does not help.

Earlier I had added a 2472D to another circuit that has a lot of various devices and it has over 50 feet of wire length.

So the outlet that added is an older version (bought new off ebay but Rev 6.0 from 2011) and the outlet that will not add is brand new from Smarthomes Labor Day sale.

So is there any known issue with the latest Rev 7.2 (from 2016) of the 2472D? 

Thanks

There's no known problems with the 2472D. Try doing a factory reset on it. then install

Certain models of GFCI outlets have also been reported to degrade INSTEON signals (this, however, is not true for all GFCIs). If it still won't install then temporarily take the GFCI out of the circuit to see if that is the problem.

There's no known problems with the 2472D. Try doing a factory reset on it. then install

Certain models of GFCI outlets have also been reported to degrade INSTEON signals (this, however, is not true for all GFCIs). If it still won't install then temporarily take the GFCI out of the circuit to see if that is the problem.

I just pulled it out and plugged it into the same circuit as the PLM (about 4 feet of wire length away) and the same problem.  Seems to be defective.  Typical SH poor quality.  I wish Zwave had an Outlet Dimmer.

1. Verify you're using the latest 4.6.2 firmware and UI.

2. Hard reset the outlet per the full users manual.

3. Add the outlet using both options: Auto / Manual

4. Ensure its plugged into the exact same outlet as the 2413S PLM

Report back success / failure . . .

1. Verify you're using the latest 4.6.2 firmware and UI.

2. Hard reset the outlet per the full users manual.

3. Add the outlet using both options: Auto / Manual

4. Ensure its plugged into the exact same outlet as the 2413S PLM

Report back success / failure . . .

I am using 5.10.  Since I have one working and the one not I doubt its the ISY firmware.  I plugged in a power strip and plugged the PLM and the outlet into the strip.  Rebooted the ISY and did a factory reset on the outlet.  No Joy!  Its defective I am sure.

I will call SH tomorrow. If I just ask for an RMA it will be easier than spending an hour on the phone for their so called "tech support:"

Archived