Insteon Motion Sensor won't pair?

asperber

Hi! New to the ISY, have used a standard Hub in the past for my insteon devices.  I have no problem getting my ISY to pick up a wired in device, such as my smoke bridge or a wired light switch.  I cannot get it to see either of my motion sensors.  I have tried factory resets on both of them.

Any advice? 

Hi! New to the ISY, have used a standard Hub in the past for my insteon devices.  I have no problem getting my ISY to pick up a wired in device, such as my smoke bridge or a wired light switch.  I cannot get it to see either of my motion sensors.  I have tried factory resets on both of them.

Any advice? 

Do a factory reset on the sensors, then put one of them into the linking mode and try linking to the ISY.  Only one sensor at a time can be in the linking mode when you link them to the ISY otherwise they will be cross linked.

What model of the Motion sensor are using?

I have 2.  One is the other model (2842-222) and one is the newer (2844-222).  I tried factory resets on both and I go into my ISY and try to add it and it doesn't see it.  BUT when i pair a module thats plugged in, light switch or something like that, it finds it in two seconds.  Any chance it's not picking up the wireless?

The battery sensors go into power saving mode and can't be access until woken up.

Did you wake it up with the set button on the sensor before trying to add it?

If you have woken it up. Try them in a different location or maybe move a Dual Band plug in module and see if it can be accessed. As motion sensors are RF only.

The older 2842-222 should add with no issues.

The newer 2844-222 is not yet supported completely. I understand the basic functions can be used by manually adding it as a 2842-222. From what I have seen in threads here.

One of the threads is here. I think there are more.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/21225-isy994i-2844-222-motion-and-fw/

The battery sensors go into power saving mode and can't be access until woken up.

Did you wake it up with the set button on the sensor before trying to add it?

If you have woken it up. Try them in a different location or maybe move a Dual Band plug in module and see if it can be accessed. As motion sensors are RF only.

The older 2842-222 should add with no issues.

The newer 2844-222 is not yet supported completely. I understand the basic functions can be used by manually adding it as a 2842-222. From what I have seen in threads here.

One of the threads is here. I think there are more.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/21225-isy994i-2844-222-motion-and-fw/

I did try to wake it up with the set button.  I held it down until the red light started flashing on the front of the motion sensor.  I think that's how i added it to the Insteon 

Potentially dumb question, but I still had my Insteon hub plugged in.  Could that be not allowing it to communicate? I have to transfer all my Insteon devices, around 15 or so devices.

Archived