Autelis US100ISY Bridge discontinued....

LFMc

See attached email screen shot from their customer service. 

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Hello Leon,

I intended to alert the community of this a month ago when dealing with the vendor. I was told some of the parts for the original unit were no longer being made. Thus a new model based on new component hardware would be considered moving forward. The operative word is *Maybe* as I was told due to low consumer demand this model may not even make it into production.

I'm hoping the Autelis company puts in more effort and development into the next model. As it wasn't very fun pushing him to make the updates to solve obvious bugs in the UI and system. The last firmware release of this product is very solid now having pushed the vendor to make those changes. Lastly, I've been told no further development will be offered for the existing Autelis / ISY Bridge model which means its been abandoned!!

Regardless, let us know (IF) and (When) the new model comes out as I would be eager to learn what it can do.  

Hello Leon,

I intended to alert the community of this a month ago when dealing with the vendor. I was told some of the parts for the original unit were no longer being made. Thus a new model based on new component hardware would be considered moving forward. The operative word is *Maybe* as I was told due to low consumer demand this model may not even make it into production.

I'm hoping the Autelis company puts in more effort and development into the next model. As it wasn't very fun pushing him to make the updates to solve obvious bugs in the UI and system. The last firmware release of this product is very solid now having pushed the vendor to make those changes. Lastly, I've been told no further development will be offered for the existing Autelis / ISY Bridge model which means its been abandoned!!

Regardless, let us know (IF) and (When) the new model comes out as I would be eager to learn what it can do.  

I have been considering for sometime investing in one of these, especially after I found out that my Smartenit EZIO8SA's "1 wire" interface was really a one probe interface. I kinda felt where the probe got stuck after I bought this  :oops:  but it seems to be a real good product in other areas.

Dallas Semi (now Maxim), the 1 Wire creator was my landlord for 20 years, I was on their campus and know all their products fairly well. I never thought to question that a 1 wire 3rd party product was limited to one probe. I digress, greatly. 

I will gladly update this thread if/when I find out more. 

Hello Leon,

There are several other 3rd party 1 wire systems on the market today. It really comes down to how much Plug & Play vs investment of time and resources to make these box's work. You literally run the gamete of DIY from a RPi to the Autelis Bridge or similar on the market. I personally went with the Autelis ISY Bridge as it was purpose built to interact with the ISY Series Controller. Once all of the silly little bugs were squished the product has been very solid.

It should be noted there are two types of these so called 1 Wire systems.

Some are fully hardware enabled where as others are software supported or what some like to call *Bit Bangers*. There is nothing wrong using software to emulate and support the 1 Wire system so long as its done correctly. Both my Autelis ISY Bridge and Brultech Green Eye Monitor (GEM) use software emulation with out issue. Having said this products that support the 1 Wire system via hardware is much preferred as it ensures a rock solid operations. Assuming the vendors firmware is up to snuff and this is where you will see issues even though it has nothing to do with the hardware support.

The advantages of using a 1 Wire network to monitor environmental's can't be over stated. Its cheap, scale-able, reliable, and offers the highest level of accuracy of any sensor on the market while offering wide temperature measurements.

Not too sure how much research you've done about what products are available but here are a few candidates for your consideration:

- This product is hardware supported: http://www.sheepwalkelectronics.co.uk/index.php?cPath=22

- This product is software supported: http://www.cainetworks.com/products/webcontrol/webcontrol-changelog.html

- This product is hardware supported: https://www.embeddeddatasystems.com/Ethernet_c_39.html

NOTE: There are pros & cons of each device listed above so please do your research.  

There are a few more but I will need to look them up. Regardless of what type of 1 wire controller you go with wire distance, wiring topology, sensor quality, wire resistance, wire quality, and power are all key things for a long term reliable network. Please keep in mind some of these products may state 5~100 sensor support but what they don't tell you is this is on a very short (wire) length network.

If you're able to run over 1000 feet of cable in a mish mash of wiring topology and its reliable for more than 20 sensors. That's a solid product in my books and the go to hardware platform. I am currently rocken four 1 wire controllers with 80 sensors in place monitoring every aspect of my home and surroundings. This spans more than 3800 feet of wiring through out the property so it can be done with proper deployment.

Archived