Echo Push Notifications

jgcharlotte

Ok, so Echo has push notifications now on some skills.  Does that mean possibly push notifications for ISY are possibly not too far behind?

The infrastructure is in place to receive subscriptions and dispatch this to push services, but other that proactive state update for smart home skills in V3, there is nothing else in the roadmap for now.

Benoit

• 2 weeks later...

So we can have something like weatherbug push a notification "alarm" for certain weather conditions like tornadoes?

The ISY Series Controller does not support or subscribe to the *All Hazards* alert services in Aeris. Therefor there is no *current* ability to be notified of a Tornado event. This is why I'm working toward a smart weather hardware solution that will support All Hazards, S.A.M.E. and local weather for casts etc.

So we can have something like weatherbug push a notification "alarm" for certain weather conditions like tornadoes?

I have AAA send me all-hazards alerts via SMS to a Flowroute number (my VoIP provider) for my specific geography. That in turn calls an API at my home that runs a PHP script to perform a variety of things depending on the message. Tornado Warnings cause a voice alert on my Elk with visual indications flashing lights and turning on lights to route the way to the basement.

Not free, granted. But it works well so far... and it only costs a couple of cents to rx each sms..

I use the same API for generally receiving SMS messages thru Flowroute, and if not from AAA they get forwarded to my cell phones via Pushover.

Archived