Drop down list for setting brightness and set-points.

nstein

Can we have a drop down list with % levels added to the admin console and web page for dimers, so we can set the brightness level directly instead of using the dim/bright buttons multiple times. Same with the thermostat and the cool and heat set points.

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Yes; it shall be added to our list of reqs. This said, however, I was hoping (still am) someone would make a nice HTML/AJAX GUI using our REST interface .... this way, ISY can have multiple skins based on the user preferences/price.

With kind regards,

Michel

Can we have a drop down list with % levels added to the admin console and web page for dimers, so we can set the brightness level directly instead of using the dim/bright buttons multiple times. Same with the thermostat and the cool and heat set points.

Thanks,

Nick

Thanks Michel,

Hope you can do something in the admin console sooner.

I understand on the HTML interface, although having to buy the rest module, might slow down the adoption a little. Once more pages appear you might find more people buying and creating there own, until then soft developers (developers that don't have programming skills or only consider them self tinkers, some that might or might not get around to it/commit), might be discouraged.

As allways, thanks for quick reply 8),

Nick

Hi Nick, thanks so very much for your thoughts which are right on.

As yo may already know, developers (even the soft ones) get a $45.00 discount on the web server module (total = $4.00). All that's necessary is an email to with a brief description of what they have in mind.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks Michel,

I understand on the HTML interface, although having to buy the rest module, might slow down the adoption a little. Once more pages appear you might find more people buying and creating there own, until then soft developers (developers that don't have programming skills or only consider them self tinkers, some that might or might not get around to it/commit), might be discouraged.

As allways, thanks for quick reply 8),

Nick

Thanks Michel,

Nick,

The Admin Console buttons for dimmers are Fades, there is no need to click multiple times, just press and hold. The HTML pages are 1/32 (~3%) at a time.

I hope that doesn't discourage you from creating a nice HTML page though :)

Rand

Thanks Michel,

I sent an e-mail, no promises though :wink: .

Thanks Rand,

Did not know about holding the dim/bright buttons, but It does not seem to update the status until you let go, and I usually can't see the light to know when to stop.

That wouldn't discourage me from creating a HTML page, but the fact that I am only half self taught at HTML/AJAX, might slow me down a little :twisted: . That and the shame that someone might look at my code and come up with an analogy to point out how bad and garbled it really is.

-Nick

Archived