Google Home and UD unlinked and relinked but devices not updating

JSP0511

>One last thing, when you update the portal and refresh, then refresh within gh app, how long does it take for gh to update its responses?

It's immediate.

>I only ask because I’ve replaced the work lamp with lights and gh still responds “turning off living room lamps” but the word lamps is no where to be found. Not in spoken or device names.

You do have a "living room lamps". This is one of your alternate spokens for the scene 50565.

In ISY Portal, use the search. Type "living room lamp", and edit the entry.

Benoit

Ha I caught it and tried to delete before you read it.

Looks like all working now. Thank you for working through this with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Seno,

I have personally never seen that option in the the mobile app.

The supported way to send spokens from ISY Portal to Google Home is to use ISY Portal. In the ISY Portal Google Home page, there is a button to send spokens.

Benoit

OK.  But I still get "   Error sending your spokens. Is Google Home linked?  "   in ISY Portal when sending Spokens.  Obviously my GH APP is linked as I can control my ISY devices.

Seno,

This message appears, because of a specific error returned by Google: {"error":{"code":400,"message":"Request contains an invalid argument.","status":"INVALID_ARGUMENT"}}.

By experimentation, the only case when this would happens is when Google Home does not recognize you (actually, the unique userId I'm sending).

BUT, I looked at the logs and found something interesting.

Following the SYNC request from ISY Portal, I see 2 syncs happening, after which the SYNC request from ISY Portal fails with the above error.

Do you have 2 GH linked to the same ISY Portal user profile?

I think the sync is actually working, despite the error message. Can you check if your new devices are indeed available in GH?

If this message is caused by having 2 GH linked, I have to speak to Google. I may need to detect that, and not give an error to the user when it is actually working.

Benoit

Seno,

This message appears, because of a specific error returned by Google: {"error":{"code":400,"message":"Request contains an invalid argument.","status":"INVALID_ARGUMENT"}}.

By experimentation, the only case when this would happens is when Google Home does not recognize you (actually, the unique userId I'm sending).

BUT, I looked at the logs and found something interesting.

Following the SYNC request from ISY Portal, I see 2 syncs happening, after which the SYNC request from ISY Portal fails with the above error.

Do you have 2 GH linked to the same ISY Portal user profile?

I think the sync is actually working, despite the error message. Can you check if your new devices are indeed available in GH?

If this message is caused by having 2 GH linked, I have to speak to Google. I may need to detect that, and not give an error to the user when it is actually working.

Benoit

You are right Benoit, even with error message, the Spoken is actually sent to the GH App.  I have 2 Google accounts linked to my GH App, hoping that soon both my calendars work with GH (one calendar is a G-Suitte account which apparently is not yet fully operative with GH).

You are right Benoit, even with error message, the Spoken is actually sent to the GH App.  I have 2 Google accounts linked to my GH App, hoping that soon both my calendars work with GH (one calendar is a G-Suitte account which apparently is not yet fully operative with GH).

I reproduced the problem.

In the GH App, go to one of the 2 accounts, and disable the skill. 

It should not be enabled on both accounts.

I think this is an edge case Google should detect. But the easiest for now is to activate Smart Home on only one of the 2 accounts.

Benoit

I reproduced the problem.

In the GH App, go to one of the 2 accounts, and disable the skill. 

It should not be enabled on both accounts.

I think this is an edge case Google should detect. But the easiest for now is to activate Smart Home on only one of the 2 accounts.

Benoit

Good morning Benoit. 

I unlinked the UDI skill from the second GH account. I still get the Spoken error message in ISY Portal, but, as you suggested, the Spokens are actually sent to GH. As such, it is just a 'cosmetic' issue as the system works. Later today, I may perform a reboot or even a factory reset of GH (I have 4) to see if that makes a difference.

Edited by asbril

This is strange. Have you also removed the devices in that second account? I reproduces the problem, and by unlinking the skill and removing devices, SYNC requests then worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There no devices in the second Google Home account.... I removed them all. Same error message in ISY Portal, but because the Spokens are actually sent to GH, the end results is fine.

• 1 year later...

This is an old topic, I realize, but I'm seeing similar issues.  I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I've found: unlinked my Universal Devices from Google Home, made sure I only have one Google Home account linked to Universal Devices, tried refreshing from the ISY portal (Send Spoken), and by issuing "sync devices" from the Google Assistant/Home apps.

However, anything new I add to the Google Home in the ISY portal does not show up in the Google Home app nor does it recognize the scenes or devices.  Oddly, I did delete a switch from Google Home in ISY and it did delete in the app.

I don't remember having these issues with Alexa :( but I really want to switch to Google Home.