Found Forum Integrating Insteon and ZWave

ijourneaux

I have been slowing working on automating my home. Started with Insteon switches. and have now added a bunch of zwave switches and sensors.  I hadn't really thought too far ahead.

Now I would like to integrate control of the devices. i.e. automatically flip Insteon switches based on status of z-wave switches and sensors. Right now everything is controlled manually via Amazon Alexa but I would like to be able to schedule tasks or conditionally run task. I can do that within the Z-Wave or Insteon apps  but it doesn't seem like I can do it between the 2 ecosystems.

1. Is the ISY994i the solution? are there others.?

2. Can ISY994i coexist with Amazon Alexa?

I have just started looking around the site. perhaps my questions are already answered.

Take Care

Ian

I have been slowing working on automating my home. Started with Insteon switches. and have now added a bunch of zwave switches and sensors.  I hadn't really thought too far ahead.

Now I would like to integrate control of the devices. i.e. automatically flip Insteon switches based on status of z-wave switches and sensors. Right now everything is controlled manually via Amazon Alexa but I would like to be able to schedule tasks or conditionally run task. I can do that within the Z-Wave or Insteon apps  but it doesn't seem like I can do it between the 2 ecosystems.

1. Is the ISY994i the solution? are there others.?

2. Can ISY994i coexist with Amazon Alexa?

I have just started looking around the site. perhaps my questions are already answered.

Take Care

Ian

Take a look at this help file   http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Portal_Amazon_Echo_Integration

Archived