ISY skill and ISY optomized...V2

DIYguy

After replacing my PLM a while back the Echo stopped controlling my Insteon devices. Went through forgetting all devices and re-deicovery several times. Went into Skills and made sure ISY was enabled and several other attempts at solution. Out of (31) scenes and devices I was successful at turning three lights on and off.  When giving the spoke command right off the cheat-sheet print-out I get the "OK" response but nothing happens except for three lights.  ???

I noticed I have the ISY skill enabled and also ISY optimized for Smart Home V2

Should I disable the IZY skill and leave the V2 version or does it mater? Wondering why I was finally able to get three lights to work but nothing else?

Yes, you should disable the ISY skill. There is no real need for it anymore.

All you need is the ISY Optimized for Smart Home V2. (Or soon V3)

However, this is not the source of your problem.

Can you control your devices from the admin console?

What do you have in the echo app? Do you see devices offline? 

You may want to click on "Forget all devices", and redo a discovery ("Alexa, discover my devices")

Benoit

Disabled the ISY skill, the V2 is still active and linked. Shows four skills linked such as the Harmony remote and Insteon, ISY SH V2 and now the Ring Video Doorbell.

Ive done the forget devices several times and run discover several time.  Last time i did the "Forget" there were several devices that showed as off line but seem online when they came back after discovery.

Devices operate through ISY and the hand help Insteon remote properly. I haven't tried running scenes from the console, I'l try that tonight.

I miss being able to run scenes by voice command. Loved being able to head out the door and say "Alexa, going to work" get an "OK" and all the house lights start going off.

Disabled the ISY skill, the V2 is still active and linked. Shows four skills linked such as the Harmony remote and Insteon, ISY SH V2 and now the Ring Video Doorbell.

Ive done the forget devices several times and run discover several time.  Last time i did the "Forget" there were several devices that showed as off line but seem online when they came back after discovery.

Devices operate through ISY and the hand help Insteon remote properly. I haven't tried running scenes from the console, I'l try that tonight.

I miss being able to run scenes by voice command. Loved being able to head out the door and say "Alexa, going to work" get an "OK" and all the house lights start going off.

If you previously had the ISY Smart Home V1, and just swith to V2, some users have reported having an issue where devices were duplicated. It is the result of Alexa discovering the V2 devices, but somehow, also requesting the V1 discovery. After a "Forget All" and a fresh discovery, do you seem to have such an issue? Are they doubled? Are you missing devices?

Benoit

I noticed that the ISY portal has several new options for A/V and looks like it will be the answer to my prayers to gain acess to common requests like volume Up, Mute, etc. That said, I don’t see v3 yet available in the Amazon app. I assume it is not yet available and if so, does it even make sense to start settings things up now in the portal or should we wait until the release of v3?

Thanks,

Chuck

I noticed that the ISY portal has several new options for A/V and looks like it will be the answer to my prayers to gain acess to common requests like volume Up, Mute, etc. That said, I don’t see v3 yet available in the Amazon app. I assume it is not yet available and if so, does it even make sense to start settings things up now in the portal or should we wait until the release of v3?

Thanks,

Chuck

http://forum.universal-devices.com/index.php?/topic/22604-What-is-"Live-Update"-and-"Smart-Home-Skill-v3"#entry222452

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks,

Chuck

As with the transition from the original skill to v2, everything you've accomplished will transfer to V3, so yes, continue to build.

Archived