Smarthome Order Troubles??

bbuchanan99

Hello everyone.  I don't normally vent on line but I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with Smarthome lately? I have been waiting since October 12th for 2 auto water shutoff valves, 2 leak detectors and 2 IOlinc's for a project I needed to complete.  All items were shown to be in stock when I ordered them.  The next day, like all next days on orders I have placed with Smarthome, I get a shipping confirmation for the order.  After 5 days and no show I check shipping....Delivered in Laredo, TX, I'm in San Antonio, TX.  So I call, they tell me my order has not shipped because items were out of stock and they are moving warehouses???? I said why did I get a confirmation of shipping and a tracking number...Said it was a mistake...I said ok, they said we will check your order and ship.    I then get an email it will be shipped at latest on Monday.  Called today, still not shipped and a DIFFERENT item is now out of stock..What a cluster you know what...I cancelled the order and gave them a word or two..

So, has anyone else had trouble with Smarthome recently?  What sucks is they are the only real go to for Insteon devices, and most home automation

:x  :x  :x  :x

SH is in the midst of moving to a new location. Although that's not at all valid excuse for the difficulty you experience it does offer a bit of an explanation. They certainly should have better control. I sent a message on your behalf to someone I know at SH.

In addition to moving their warehouse (same city, different building) they have also outsourced their customer service and order department to an off shore call center.

Until they get better organized it's possible that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

In addition to the above, the Company was recently sold so I would imagine there's going to be a period of adjustment as they get settled in.

Archived