HELP - COMMUNICATION LOST TO EVERYTHING

Hi Folks,

so as the title states, it seems there is some sort of failure either in my ISY or the PLM. Is there a way I can determine what exactly the issue is. I can log into my ISY (ISY-994i IR Pro), can see all devices and programs but nothing is working. Upon log in to the ISY I was meet with a warning that the ISY was operating in SAFE MODE.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Folks,

so as the title states, it seems there is some sort of failure either in my ISY or the PLM. Is there a way I can determine what exactly the issue is. I can log into my ISY (ISY-994i IR Pro), can see all devices and programs but nothing is working. Upon log in to the ISY I was meet with a warning that the ISY was operating in SAFE MODE.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tools -> Diagnostics -> PLM Info status what does it say?

30.72.A4 v9E/ Connected

How old is this 2413S PLM? You can unplug the 2413S PLM wait for about ten seconds and plug it back in. Than, you will unplug the ISY Series Controller and wait about 20 seconds and plug it back in.

What happens?

Yes....pic i added was after. Now console looks like attached below.

Alright, so you will need to unplug everything again unless you can tell me 100% how old and what the production date and revision is for that 2413S PLM. That information is on the back of the 2413S PLM.

Before you do so Tools-> Diagnostics -> Show PLM LInk Table. Run this 4-5 times with nobody moving around or turning stuff on and off. What is the link count?

Safe mode is an indication of PLM failure. If you unplug the PLM, then you'll get the same message. You'll need to follow the instruction exactly when you replace the PLM. Do NOT ever Delete Modem (PLM).

Alright, so you will need to unplug everything again unless you can tell me 100% how old and what the production date and revision is for that 2413S PLM. That information is on the back of the 2413S PLM.

Before you do so Tools-> Diagnostics -> Show PLM LInk Table. Run this 4-5 times with nobody moving around or turning stuff on and off. What is the link count?

Ok so should i save these or something, it is logging links by the looks of it.

last run the link count is 32

Same reason, fiiling PLM. Sometimes the PLM will appear to be OK. It's the inconsistency that's the clue. My suggestion is to not hesitate, get a replacement now. Or you will be left in the dark.

Sometimes power cycling a failing PLM can start it operating again for awhile.

What are the Date Code and Hardware Revision printed on the labels on the back of the PLM?

Dont know....and scared to unplug it now....lol.

Not sure if this had anything to do with it but today my wife changed around some furniture positions in the living room and in doing so moved two insteon LED bulbs. It seems it all started with that.

Relocating Insteon devices is unlikely to cause difficulty communicating--unless they're the only dual-band devices on your Insteon network (in addition to the PLM).

Relocating Insteon devices is unlikely to cause difficulty communicating--unless they're the only dual-band devices on your Insteon network (in addition to the PLM).

Yes i figured it shouldn't create this issue....shes done this many times with no issue. 

And no I have many dual band devices.

It can vary a little but that seems high and I agree with Stu on getting a backup plm. 

Running a Restore Modem might offer some relief, albeit temporary. How old is your PLM? If => 2 years, its probably that

Paul

Not sure the age. Ok so I'm curious now, what am i looking for when i unplug it? I know a date but is it a coded date or will it be obvious?

The number will tell you the week of year and year, but I'm not certain how to read it. Stu seems to have the "decoder ring" for this one.

If you can't remember, then 2 years is plausible, right? Maybe look at your amazon or smarthome orders

Paul

Archived