BETA Release 2.7.2 is now available

MikeB

Hi matapan,

No, Fan does not show when you physically go through modes on the thermostat.

With kind regards,

Michel

There seems to be a disconnect between the documented modes for the thermostat and the actual paradigm used in the physical interface. If I had to guess, I think the Fan Thermostat mode documented doesn't really exist or isn't implemented. What do you think? Following the way other thermostats work, like a Honeywell, I've never seen a Fan enumerated as a thermostat mode.

Agreed Mataplan.

I would go far as to say this is a safety issue because people who don't know about this bug and turn their fan on remtoely using the thermostat Fan mode, and then select Off from the theromstat mode would expect the fan to turn off. Accordingly, if someone did this remotely while away from their house for a period of time eg vacation, the fan would continously run causing the risk of an overheating unit unless they know the work around above to REALLY turn it off.

Joe, did you airgap your switch?

Michel:

I did and then had to restore the device to get the ramp rate setting to stick. If I changed the ramp rate, I had to go through the steps all over again.

Joe

Joe, as always, you have the strangest of all problems! Could it be a defective switch?

With kind regards,

Joe, did you airgap your switch?

Michel:

I did and then had to restore the device to get the ramp rate setting to stick. If I changed the ramp rate, I had to go through the steps all over again.

Joe

matapan and jwagner010,

I am not aware of any plans nor am I privy to any such plans by SH to change the thermostat interface. I do understand your concerns and we can certainly take it off the mode but, doing so, would make the Fan inoperable. I do welcome any suggestions.

With kind regards,

Michel

matapan and jwagner010,

I am not aware of any plans nor am I privy to any such plans by SH to change the thermostat interface. I do understand your concerns and we can certainly take it off the mode but, doing so, would make the Fan inoperable. I do welcome any suggestions.

With kind regards,

Michel

I have a couple of observations to share:

- The Fan State can be adjusted in any thermostat mode, including Program On, Heat, Cool, and Heat/Cool. It appears to work in dependent of the "Fan" Thermostat mode.

- People can avoid using the Fan thermostat mode to get the desired behaviour.

Having the mode in the Admin Console interface would just be a pecuilarity. What is the intended purpose of the Fan Thermostat mode? How does it differ from the Fan State setting?

Don't change anything in the way the fan works now. I've finally got everything including the full control of my humidity level from my ISY. I use the fan control in conjunction with humidity levels coming in from the thermostat to control my humidity and it works very well now..

I completely removed one RemoteLinc, factory-reset it, then added it back, then linked button A as a scene controller. No joy, the button press still doesn't show in the Event Viewer.

If the button press doesn't show up in the Event Viewer and the Rx LED doesn't blink then the PLM isn't passing the message to the ISY. That will happen when the PLM doesn't have a link as a responder to the device. The ISY creates this link as soon as the device is linked to the ISY.

Nest step is to Restore PLM. This will re-organize the database in the PLM to consume the least links. Do not Remove the PLM.

Unplug, Factory Reset the PLM, reconnect the ISY, wait for the ISY to reboot, and then perform a Restore PLM.

If these steps don't work then we will have to consult Smarthome about a defective PLM.

Rand

I did a Restore PLM. Now I show 218 links and it sees RL buttons, all better now. Thanks for walking me through the options.

You can flip the fan between auto and on right now and I use that for humidity conrol. When I'm not heating or cooling. If the fan control is removed then I loose that. I think what we have now is the closed we're going to get unless SH or the thermostat manufacturer changes the thermostat firmware.

I see what your talking about Mode Fan. I wasn't event sure what that did so I've not messed with it. If it doesn't do anything I would vote to make it go away. We would probably want a verifiction of whether it even does anything because someone might have some use for it if it does something.

Yes it causes a problem becuase if someone selects fan from Thormostate mode and then later selects off from thermostat mode you would expect the fan to stop, which it doesn't. So problem is you can have an instance where a user believes they have turned off the fan but it actually continues to run which can be dangerous. I would think safety is more important than a query option.

Another Thermostat question:

Thermostat normally returns twice the actual of all values. i.e.: set point 120 means 60 degrees.

If I check values of the humidity on the rest module, I get value 24, formatted 12%, which makes me think that the actual is 12%, but the admin console shows 24. I haven't check the LCD but there appears to be an issue there...

Burak

Hi all, unless I hear more objects, I think I will remove the FAN from mode . Safety is very important!

Hi Burak,

Humidity is in percentage and thus it's not multiplied by 2.

With kind regards,

Michel

Another Thermostat question:

Thermostat normally returns twice the actual of all values. i.e.: set point 120 means 60 degrees.

If I check values of the humidity on the rest module, I get value 24, formatted 12%, which makes me think that the actual is 12%, but the admin console shows 24. I haven't check the LCD but there appears to be an issue there...

Burak

Hi all, unless I hear more objects, I think I will remove the FAN from mode . Safety is very important!

As long as I can turn the fan off and it's off, and turn the fan on and it's on...I'm good!

Joe

Archived