Device Not Responding This Morning

pinlawr

Disabling, then reenabling the V3 skill fixed this for me (without forgetting and rediscovering all devices).

Will have to give that a shot, cant get Alexa to control any of my devices anymore, using V3

Have you tried pinlawr's suggestion? If not, then give it a shot B)

I think this is broken again. This started happening to me yesterday. I have deleted all devices/scenes from alexa, then disabled the skill. Re-enabled, and re-discovered. Same issue. 

Getting this error periodically on the ISY via the Admin Console: "Socket Open Failed javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake" 

I think this is broken again. This started happening to me yesterday. I have deleted all devices/scenes from alexa, then disabled the skill. Re-enabled, and re-discovered. Same issue. 

Getting this error periodically on the ISY via the Admin Console: "Socket Open Failed javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake" 

I see communication errors.

It does not seem to be related to the same oAuth issue that was fixed.

Can you try again?

I have had broken alexa skill since moving to skill v3 when it came out - wife is annoyed :-) (which is awesome, shows the WAF of the soluition)

I will PM you my UUID so you can take a look before i disable / enable

the alexa app just reports server not responding / there was a problem

I have had broken alexa skill since moving to skill v3 when it came out - wife is annoyed :-) (which is awesome, shows the WAF of the soluition)

I will PM you my UUID so you can take a look before i disable / enable

the alexa app just reports server not responding / there was a problem

If the only problem is the Alexa app saying "There was a problem", this is a known problem which has been submitted to Amazon.

Other than that, are you able to control your devices from your echo?

Looking at the logs, I see no oAuth problems as we had during the initial few days of the launch.

Benoit

If the only problem is the Alexa app saying "There was a problem", this is a known problem which has been submitted to Amazon.

Other than that, are you able to control your devices from your echo?

Looking at the logs, I see no oAuth problems as we had during the initial few days of the launch.

Benoit

Hi no, I can’t control devices or scenes, Alexa just says ‘ bedroom doesn’t support that’ for the bedroom scene. For bedroom cans device she says ‘the device or group bedroom cans is not responding’.

Hi no, I can’t control devices or scenes, Alexa just says ‘ bedroom doesn’t support that’ for the bedroom scene. For bedroom cans device she says ‘the device or group bedroom cans is not responding’.

I'm not seeing any requests coming in. Not even at the oAuth level. It looks like if the skill is not linked at all.

Is it linked?

If so, can you unlink and relink it?

Benoit

I'm not seeing any requests coming in. Not even at the oAuth level. It looks like if the skill is not linked at all.

Is it linked?

Benoit

Yes, I linked it before you announced it (found it accidentally) will relink and report back.

Is it linked?

Benoit

Yes, I linked it before you announced it (found it accidentally) will relink and report back.

That fixed it, it was definitely enabled and had the green linked text in settings. Even disabled alexa told me I had a name conflict when I tried to create a group- I think it was with a scene spoken of same name (I guess delete of each scene in the alexa app isn’t doing a full delete) so I made sure to kill the app and do full device and scene discovery before re-adding the skill and performing the last discovery.

Scratch my statement above about deletions, I am still getting an issue trying to create a group called bedroom (I deleted scene of same name) yet alexa insists same name is already in use.... it isn’t.... I think that part is an alexa bug.

Could it be that you have a device with the same name?

Could it be that you have a device with the same name?

yes one would think that, but nope, no explicitly listed devices called bedroom,  my echo devices have the same name as the group, that seems to be allowed.

there is nothing called 'bedroom' in my device list or scene list

i do have a device called bedroom sconces, but i also have a device called kitchen spots and i was able to make a kitchen group

--edit--

hmm i guess it could be one of the other skills reserving the name, let me go see if it is the netatmo or harmony skill.... (they do not show as devices or scenes)

--edit2--

confirmed it was the harmony  hub name causing the issues, now renaming all my Hubs to <roomname>harmony

• 5 months later...

Was there ever a resolution to this issue?  My echo says “family room lights doesn’t support that” when I ask it to turn it on. If I rediscover devices it will work for a while then start acting up again.  Google home works fine and this as worked flawlessly on the alexa for almost a year, started acting up recently.  Any ideas?

2 hours ago, bbuchanan99 said:

Was there ever a resolution to this issue?  My echo says “family room lights doesn’t support that” when I ask it to turn it on. If I rediscover devices it will work for a while then start acting up again.  Google home works fine and this as worked flawlessly on the alexa for almost a year, started acting up recently.  Any ideas?

More informations are required to troubleshoot;

What is "Family room lights"? 

Is it an Alexa group, Alexa Scene or an Alexa device?

If scene or device, what is it on the ISY? Is it a a device, a program, a scene?

Can you go to alexa.amazon.com, look under Settings|History. What did she understand? Did she indeed understand a turn on request, or something else?

Still on alexa.amazon.com, please locate your device|scene|group "Family room lights" under Smart Home, device|scene|group. Is it marked as offline? Is there more than one. Please make sure to thoroughly search the device name as found under Settings|History.

Benoit

Archived