Insteon Lightbulb Instillation

Matherz

Hi! I started making an iOS app for all my smart devices in my home! ISY is working great my z-wave devices are connecting no problem. However, I decided to buy an Insteon lightbulb to connect to the hub and but I keep getting a request error when I type in my address and name of the Insteon device. 

MODEL NUMBER: 2672-222

MODEL NAME: LED Bulb

My process:

1. screw in the lightbulb

2. link management

3. new insteon device

4. insert address and name 

5. click add devices found in links and keep existing links

6. press ok

Sometimes it just doesnt do anything and other times I get an error afterwards that says "REQUEST ERROR"

Was wondering if anyone had a solution to this, it'll be much appreciated! 

**** P.S. sorry if this is in the wrong forms I wasnt sure where to put it. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP! MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Hi! I started making an iOS app for all my smart devices in my home! ISY is working great my z-wave devices are connecting no problem. However, I decided to buy an Insteon lightbulb to connect to the hub and but I keep getting a request error when I type in my address and name of the Insteon device. 

MODEL NUMBER: 2672-222

MODEL NAME: LED Bulb

My process:

1. screw in the lightbulb

2. link management

3. new insteon device

4. insert address and name 

5. click add devices found in links and keep existing links

6. press ok

Sometimes it just doesnt do anything and other times I get an error afterwards that says "REQUEST ERROR"

Was wondering if anyone had a solution to this, it'll be much appreciated! 

**** P.S. sorry if this is in the wrong forms I wasnt sure where to put it. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP! MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Always, always, always factory reset every Insteon device before linking into ISY.

Use the delete existing links when linking. Easier to setup the bulb when closer to the PLM and may need dual band Insteon devices as repeaters to reach the bulb, especially if it is on the other phase leg of the 240 volt service in your house. Dual band units close to the service panel or a mechanical bridge between the phase legs can work for this.

I have avoided any extenders, or phase bridge units in my Insteon system...old technology replaced by dual band Insteon devices.

What are you entering for the address? It should be the Insteon ID printed on the bulb. The name has a drop-down list or you can select Auto Discover.

As pointed out in the bulbs users manual. You can't Factory Reset a Insteon Bulb. As it has no linking button.

Manual mentions Insteon RF and Power Line. Though my memory says it is RF and you may have to be close enough to the PLM or another Dual Band module to access it.

Manual not too clear on linking mode and possible timeout.

You may want to move step 1 to between 5 and 6.

The bulb may only stays in the linking mode. For a set period of time.

Archived