ISY not seeing any events

I have an ISY994i which has been in place for many years now. I've got 10 or so Insteon devices installed... 2466S, 2466D, 2486Ds, and some 2852-222 Leak Sensors. I have a pair of 2443 access points for getting RF signals, for the leak sensors, and a couple of 2842-222 motion sensors.

Some months back I noticed the motion sensor programs weren't working reliably, then stopped altogether. Upon investigation, I saw that when I bring up the ISY Event Viewer, set to 3 (communications events), and use some of the switches (which operate the lamp modules correctly), I'm not seeing this on the ISY at all. No events at all show up on the ISY. Nor does any communication from the ISY to the modules work (I do see these attempts show up in the event viewer).

When I go to Tools -> Diagnostics -> PLM Info/Status, I see the PLM as connected.

This sounded like a bad PLM, so I bought a new one. I've finally gotten around to installing it, and I'm still seeing nothing at the ISY (the new PLM also shows as connected).

I've tried the PLM plugged into a different circuit, but I'm still getting NO events at all.

The ISY seems to be talking to the PLM in that is shows as "connected". Yet I'm not getting any communication between the ISY and the power lines. If this was some noisy device, I'd expect to see at least *something* in the event viewer. And all the switches otherwise seem to be working (well, there is a keypadlink which is flakey, also bought replacement... but the first step here was confirming ISY operation!).

I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to look next; this sort of sounds like maybe the ISY itself is having a problem?

Any suggestions welcome; thank you!

When you exchanged the PLM. Did you use the correct procedure to do it. So the new PLM six digit ID is put into the modules. replacing the old PLM ID?

One thing you may want to check.

Look at the labels on the 2443 Access Points.

If they are any hardware revision 2. They have the same basic main board as the 2413S PLM. The older hardware 1 models do not have the power supply issues.

I had a set of mine get flaky.

One symptom was the LED on the side was very dim. Another was the built in communications tests. That worked originally now did not work.

I rebuilt mine with the same information on rebuilding a 2413S PLM.

Archived