Lucky

paulbates

We had an ice storm hit. Starting around 8am, intermittent flickers on/off, on/off and then partial voltage on one leg before I could get to the panel and turn off the main. For the first time I can recall, a few inlinelincs and various ages of lamplincs turned themselves on... but not all of them, and definitely not a full 'all on'. No iolincs or other devices turned on.

When things came back, some lights wouldn't come on. Looked at the AC... PLM not connected... everything was !  ...   No light on the plm ... I was pretty sure it was "my turn"

I unplugged and replugged the PLM, its light came back on. Rebooted the ISY and it all came back..  I had already planned in my head how I'd do the bulk cut over to my spare plm tonight and go find the wireless stuff first thing tomorrow.... 

Whew... PLM lives to die another day 

Glad all survived that one.

We have been getting that storm for four days now with no end in sight this week. Went from mostly bare lawn to 3' high drifts  again and now freezing rain for a day or so. Been real nasty but I have to go out tomorrow after I try to dig out deep ice in my driveway. Classic first-second week ice storm here but it's later this year. Been watching this week since 1977. I only missed  three years now.

Archived