Remote Access IP Address

NewTech

Hello,

I have a problem & I can not resolve it.

I can access to my isy if I am at home (where the isy-99i is) & I tape my ip address (http://77.77.789.123) or 192.168.1.101.

I can access to my isy from the location 1 (not the same network where the isy is installed) & the computer 1 with XP. It means my router (ports, ...) is ok at home.

I can not access to my isy from location 2 (Europe) & the computer 2 with Vista.

I can not access to my isy from location 3 & the computer 3 with XP.

I suppose my problem is a router problem where I connect me or security (Vista).

Also, if I tape my isy-ip-address (https) I can not access to my isy (even at home).

Thanks, Denis

Hello Sub-Routine,

But why I can not access to my ISY-99i in some locations ? is it a problem of windows versions (XP, Vista) or is it a problem with the router I use from the location X to access my isy at home ?

Denis

Often it is a firewall issue. If you don't have a valid SSL certificate installed your browser will block the page.

Rand

How do I find out what the remote access IP address is of my ISY so I can access it from a computer outside of my home network?

Thanks!

Hi NewTech,

You can find the address under the menu item Help | About.

See this Wiki page: Remotely_Connect_to_Your_ISY to help set things up.

Rand

When I do this I get the IP address to access the ISY through the LOCAL HOST (or my home network). I need to see what the REMOTE ACCESS IP address is (outside of my home network). I think it may have changed because I can no longer log into my ISY from work, church or any public hotspot. Either that or I have firewall issues which could be very true.

Thanks!

NewTech,

It would be very strange to see your local IP in this place. It should say Disabled if the ISY cannot find your outside address or negotiate port forwarding.

QSG_External_IP_Address.gif

The local IP is listed as My URL.

Alternatively you can log into your router and find your outside address.

Rand

Archived