ISY not seeing any events

For the most part all the remotes and devices in my home are working.

However, I have two (unrelated) mini remote switches reply on triggering programs to do the real work.

Neither or these are working.

I have a remote called "Leaving and Returning" with two programs ("Leaving" and "Returning") that are triggered when the remote is switched Off or On.  This isn't working.

I have another remote called "Master Bedroom Overhead" that turns the overhead light on or off - this part works.  However, I also have a program called "Master Bedroom Off" that turns ALL the lights in the bedroom off, no just the overhead.  It is triggered when the "Master Bedroom Overhead" remote is switched Off.  This isn't working.

This all USED to work, but recently stopped.

If I look at the Event Viewer at level 3 I don't see any events from wired devices or remotes.  I see events from those generated by ISY - like turning a light on via a device page.

I've checked the cables and it looks good.  The PLM status is OK.  I've powered down everything and rebooted.

What might I look at next for trouble shooting?  Thanks!

You can right click on devices in the admin console devices tree, select  Restore to restore lost links when needed.

There is also a download links and compare function to examine them first, if so desired. This is also found in the pulldown menu.

Battery devices have to be put into Linking Mode first.

This could be PLM related despite the status. Are the things that are working programmed via scenes and not programs? That would make the insteon relationship between the remote and the device, and the ISY would not be involved--other than its role in initially programming the scene. If its programming that's not working from the same remote, that says the ISY is not seeing the message... most likely because of the PLM

You can try in the admin console

• Diagnostics/Show PLM Links table.... the number can depend on how many devices, but it should not be a low number or zero... sign if PLM problems
  • File/Restore modem... this will reload the PLMs links table. If this works... it will buy you some time but it usually indicates that the PLM is dying

Restoring the PLM seems to have worked.  I am now seeing events again and my triggered programs are running.  I'll still replace the PLM.  Thanks again!

Archived