Problem With Two Locations

smokegrub

I have two Amazon accounts set up, which for the purpose of my question I will refer to as A & B. I also have two portal accounts, A & B. When I left A to travel to B, A was working perfectly. I set up B on its Amazon Account and its portal. That worked very well. When I returned to A, I closed Amazon account B, switched to account A and account A's portal. When I try Discpver devices those for account B are discovered. What am I doing incorrectly?

I am stuck at this point and desperately need help. I don't know whether the problem is with the portal or Amazon. I would really appreciate it if someone would chime in. Michel? Benoit?
Have you logged into your Alexa app on both your computer and smartphone using the same Alexa account?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, dbuss said:

Have you logged into your Alexa app on both your computer and smartphone using the same Alexa account?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I would if I could determine how. I searched Google for help. Then I proceeded to Settings. When I go to Alexta Account I see four menu items, Notifications, Voice Purchasing. Household Profile and History. None of these, as far as I can tell, give me the option to sign out and sign back in with the desired account. I will continue to see if I can find out how to do this.

I just noticed something that is obviously directly related to my problem. All the Dots associated with this account are displayed under settings as "New Devices" with "Online" located beneath each device. The implication is that they need to be added. Thoughts/suggestions?

10 minutes ago, smokegrub said:

I just noticed something that is obviously directly related to my problem. All the Dots associated with this account are displayed under settings as "New Devices" with "Online" located beneath each device. The implication is that they need to be added. Thoughts/suggestions?

Are you getting this information on your smartphone app or on your computer?

When I sign into the portal/Location A/Connectivity/Amazon I see all my devices, scenes and spokens for Location A. Everything is as it was. The problem is apparently that the Dots have lost their connection to the account. That. despite the fact the Dots are displayed under settings as "New Devices" with "Online" located beneath each device. The implication is that they need to be added. 

13 minutes ago, smokegrub said:

When I sign into the portal/Location A/Connectivity/Amazon I see all my devices, scenes and spokens for Location A. Everything is as it was. The problem is apparently that the Dots have lost their connection to the account. That. despite the fact the Dots are displayed under settings as "New Devices" with "Online" located beneath each device. The implication is that they need to be added. 

Do any of your devices, groups or scenes show up when you click on "Smart Home"?

I would log into Amazon Alexa for location "A" from your computer and forget all devices.. Then discover devices from your computer. Let us know what location the devices are discovered from.

9 hours ago, dbuss said:

I would log into Amazon Alexa for location "A" from your computer and forget all devices.. Then discover devices from your computer. Let us know what location the devices are discovered from.

I did as suggested. The discovered devices were from "B". Please note what I feel is an important detail: In Alexa, the Dots for A are shown under a banner stating "Set up a new device". That is very weird because Alexa recognizes the presence of the Dots but apparently they have become not properly "set up". 

It appears you are logged into location "B" from location "A" and your location "A" dots were added to location "B". Try signing out of the current Alexa account you are logged into on your computer and then sign again making sure you are signing into location "A" Amazon account.

8 minutes ago, smokegrub said:

Yes.

It seems that at some point you connected your Isy portal for location "B" to your Amazon account for location "A". I would remove the Isy Smart Home Skill from the Alexa account for location "A". After it's removed, I would add that skil back and make sure that it's linked to the correct Isy portal account. Then discover devices and make sure the devices from location "A" are discovered.

I think we are close, but one step remains elusive. I can remove the Smarthome Skill and I can add it back. The one thing I can find no way to do is ensure it is added back to the correct portal. When I add it back a screen appears that takes me to the credentials needed for me to access both portal accounts. When I proceed at this point it defaults to the portal for Location B. I see no apparent way to select Portal A. Thanks for your patience.

I finally solved this after hours of searching! I changed the problematic ISY to become my favorite then I found the ability to unlink from the Amazon account. I typed in the credentials for the correct account, then opened that account and deleted all devices. I then discovered all devices and everything is back up and running. A very painful process, but I learned something. Being 73 years old, however, I will probably forget it by tomorrow! To guard against that I recorded instructions. Now, I just need to remember where I stored that information!

Archived