Erratic behavior with OutletLinc's in a scene

Hi,

I've created a scene with several of my exterior OutletLinc's in it.

I have a simple program that turns on the scene a little before sunset and turns off the scene at 11 pm.

I often find that one of the OutletLinc's did not respond to the program and either did not turn on at the desired time or did not turn off at the desired time.

In the past, upon seeing an OutletLinc device that did not turn on as desired, I went into the ISY browser and the device status indicated On. I then queried the device and the status was changed to accurately reflect that the device was off.

I read on the Smarthome forums that some people who have had trouble with OutletLinc's were able to flip their circuit breaker switch off for a few minutes to help resolve some issues. I do that occasionally when an OutletLinc is not responding, but it does not seem to help me with the above issue.

Any recommendations for resolving or troubleshooting this problem would be appreciated.

Do you think there could be a problem having 4-5 OutletLinc's in a scene with ISY trying to send instructions to all of them at the same time?

Thanks.

I've had a few items like this and have found that if you want something OFF, then do...

If

Time is Sunset to Sunrise

and Item #1 is not OFF

Then

Turn Item #1 OFF

Works for me and has not failed yet.

aLf

This type of problem is typically caused by a communication issue between the ISY's PLM and the troublesome device. The number of devices in the scene should not be an issue. I suspect if you created a scene containing only this one OutletLinc you would have similar results.

Do you have any communication issues elsewhere in your house? What other the devices are on the same circuit as this OutletLinc?

Thanks

Archived