12 hours ago, DAlbonese said:

Hey @MrBill,

I am still getting the incompatibility issue even after I clear the cache and download the start.jnlp from your link.  I tried on both windows and macOS and have the same issue for both.

Unfortunately I'm not a Mac guy, but it seems to me that either your not checking the box to delete Installed applications and applets when you clear your java cache.

image.png.9ea26c8849a3af44de5ec67f9ee01386.png

or you have versions of either start.jnlp or more likely admin.jnlp that are hanging around, and then you're using the old file.

I will say that Mac users seem to have more trouble with the launcher than windows users, but you say you're tried both, so likely you're either not deleting and old file (admin.jnlp or start.jnlp) or you're not clearing installed applications and applets when you clear the java cache.

The easier method to start the admin console is supposed to be the ISY Launcher.  It's supposed to handle the situation that you are experiencing... it should get the correct admin console file every time you click ISY Launcher. 

----

Mac users often find it easier to download the admin.jnlp file directly from the ISY... which is the old method.  If that method works better for you, feel free to use it.. the method is not deprecated... it's just that the Launcher method generally works better for most users, and should properly match admin and UI versions.   To get the admin.jnlp file use http://ip.of.the.ISY/admin.jnlp replacing "ip.of.the.ISY" with an actual IP address...  You can save the admin.jnlp file and use that file to start the admin console.  Keep in mind that it's specifically matched to that ISY's firmware, so the next time the firmware is upgraded you must clear the cache, included installed apps and applets, and delete that version of admin.jnlp and get the new one after the firmware upgrade.

7 hours ago, kzboray said:

@DAlbonese The only time I've ever encountered the error you  are showing is when I either didn't properly clear the java cache or had the wrong version of launcher installed. A third possibility is that you are having a memory issue with Java. To fix this you need to give Java access to more memory. Adding this command switch to the Runtime Command in Java will do that.

-Xms512m  or
-Xms1024m

Use one or the other, not both. I find 1024 works a bit faster on my system. I don't speak Mac so I can't tell you exactly how to accomplish that, but there is the command you need to add.

And just in case here is the link to the correct Launcher.
https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

Hey @kzboray I just went to double check that setting and I put -Xmx1024m.  I copied that text from another posting somewhere (sorry I don't know where) but I will switch it to -Xms1024m thanks a bunch.

14 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@DAlbonese,

Please use Admin Console | Cloud. And make sure you upgrade your ISY to 5.3.4 Locally and not through the portal.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hey @Michel Kohanim I saw on another post that someone said their "Cloud" was working but not 'LAN" and so I tried that as well and it worked.  Your right I have been updating from the portal.  I will update locally going forward.  Also after 5.3.4 will it work with "LAN" or should I always go through "Cloud"?

Thanks for your help.

8 minutes ago, MrBill said:

Unfortunately I'm not a Mac guy, but it seems to me that either your not checking the box to delete Installed applications and applets when you clear your java cache.

image.png.9ea26c8849a3af44de5ec67f9ee01386.png

or you have versions of either start.jnlp or more likely admin.jnlp that are hanging around, and then you're using the old file.

I will say that Mac users seem to have more trouble with the launcher than windows users, but you say you're tried both, so likely you're either not deleting and old file (admin.jnlp or start.jnlp) or you're not clearing installed applications and applets when you clear the java cache.

The easier method to start the admin console is supposed to be the ISY Launcher.  It's supposed to handle the situation that you are experiencing... it should get the correct admin console file every time you click ISY Launcher. 

----

Mac users often find it easier to download the admin.jnlp file directly from the ISY... which is the old method.  If that method works better for you, feel free to use it.. the method is not deprecated... it's just that the Launcher method generally works better for most users, and should properly match admin and UI versions.   To get the admin.jnlp file use http://ip.of.the.ISY/admin.jnlp replacing "ip.of.the.ISY" with an actual IP address...  You can save the admin.jnlp file and use that file to start the admin console.  Keep in mind that it's specifically matched to that ISY's firmware, so the next time the firmware is upgraded you must clear the cache, included installed apps and applets, and delete that version of admin.jnlp and get the new one after the firmware upgrade.

Hey @MrBill thanks for double checking but I am always sure to check that box "Installed Application and Applets".  Something is wrong with the "LAN" part and found I was able to use the "Cloud" option.  Thank you for your help.    

26 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Locally and not through the portal.

This begs the question:  What is the problem with updating via the portal?  And if it's a problem, why does the option exist?   Should the functionality be disabled or removed if users aren't supposed to use it? 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, DAlbonese said:

Hey @kzboray I just went to double check that setting and I put -Xmx1024m.  I copied that text from another posting somewhere (sorry I don't know where) but I will switch it to -Xms1024m thanks a bunch

-Xms sets the minimum size, while -Xmx sets the max size.  I find it best to specify both min and max, and make them both 1024m for garbage collection reasons.