Stuck in some sort of loop...

Every now and then, when I turn a light off from a keypad link, the light takes awhile to go off and the KPL flashes, and then the light or appliance link goes off and the starts flashing with the KPL.

The only way to stop this is to unplug the PLM for a few seconds.

I am afraid this may happen sometime when I'm not home and overheat a module and cause a fire.

It may not happen for weeks at a time.

Every now and then, when I turn a light off from a keypad link, the light takes awhile to go off and the KPL flashes, and then the light or appliance link goes off and the starts flashing with the KPL.

The only way to stop this is to unplug the PLM for a few seconds.

I am afraid this may happen sometime when I'm not home and overheat a module and cause a fire.

It may not happen for weeks at a time.

Hi Ron,

Next time would you please pull the set button on the KPL instead of resetting the PLM? Since it only happens with a particular KPL I'm thinking that the KPL has a problem. If that stops the flashing you can try a factory reset / ISY Restore on the KPL. If not then we will have to look deeper.

Thank you,

Rand

Thanks Rand.

Will try that, but I have had the problem on 2 KPLs and several lights.

And again it may several weeks before this recurs.

I hope that you are correct, 'cause that would mean it won't happen from a timed event, but rather only when someone presses the KPL.

Thanks Rand.

Will try that, but I have had the problem on 2 KPLs and several lights.

And again it may several weeks before this recurs.

I hope that you are correct, 'cause that would mean it won't happen from a timed event, but rather only when someone presses the KPL.

Hi Ron,

If it is occurring on 2 KPLs it could be one or the other or both. Are the version numbers the same?

• 4 years later...

Was there ever a resolution to this?

I just installed 2 KPL-6 in the last month with the ISY-994 (part of my inaugural Insteon system). I have had the same issues with both of them. Sometimes it is the primary load on/off button that triggers the flashing, and sometimes a scene button. It is never caused by a program start. The flickering/flashing is accompanied by an audible sound that seems to correlate with the flicker.

Resetting the KPL by pulling out the air gap button sometimes works to fix, but sometimes I have to restore from the ISY, and in one case it took a hard reset of the KPL.

I wonder if it is heat related. I have 360w on one KPL and 405w on the other, so right at the derated max for 2 in one box.

Anyone have any ideas?

Archived