Thermostat control stopped working

cheezit73

Hello!

I have the ECHO setup with the ISY portal skill v3 and have been controlling a pair of insteon 2441 thermostats for quite some time. Recently I can no longer change the temperature. The thermostats are programmed through the ISY to always be in auto mode. I used to say Alexa set the downstairs to "x" and it would target the proper set point. Now it just responds and announces that the thermostat is keeping the temperature between the high and low set point as a status update. Any ideas?

Thanks

11 hours ago, cheezit73 said:

Hello!

I have the ECHO setup with the ISY portal skill v3 and have been controlling a pair of insteon 2441 thermostats for quite some time. Recently I can no longer change the temperature. The thermostats are programmed through the ISY to always be in auto mode. I used to say Alexa set the downstairs to "x" and it would target the proper set point. Now it just responds and announces that the thermostat is keeping the temperature between the high and low set point as a status update. Any ideas?

Thanks

The V3 skill does not operate the same way as V2 when in auto mode.

In V2, when asking for a specific temp, the skill would determine which setpoint to change, and change it to the requested temp.

In V3, when asking for a specific temp, the skill sets both the heat and cool setpoints. When in F, heat will be -2 and cool +3 from the requested temp. This is as per Amazon's certification requirements.

Benoit

Thank you for the response! I understand what you are saying but it wont change the temp at all. Alexa just replies and announces the current set points. Any further thoughts?

Could it be that the set points are already to the calculated values? You could try asking for a different value, and see if they change.

Or, it may be that Alexa misunderstands you and thinks you want to get the status. Please check in the web Alexa app, under settings | history, and see what she understands.

Benoit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived