Notification idea

siegeld

siegeld,

What type of conditions? Are these conditions the same as those used by our programs or others?

Right now, if you implement onTriggerStatus, and if in the shell you turn on DBG 1, you will be notified of all button presses and state changes. Are you interested in any other specific events?

With kind regards,

Michel

It would be great if you could have some way for a program to generate an SDK event, and nothing more. That way, you could for example trigger something in java when certain conditions have been met.
  • 2 weeks later...

Let me be more specific.

First, I am interested, from an ISY program or from the JDK, to be able to trigger an action based on a scene being turned on or off, WITHOUT THE SCENE BEING LINKED TO A KPL BUTTON. I do not see a way to do this. I would think this should be possible because the ISY is made a member of each scene (group), so it is aware of when a scene is turned on or off.

Second, I would like to be able to, from the JDK, trigger some sort of psudo event in the ISY that runs a program. In other words, I want the JDK to be able to enable a condition that will cause the ISY to run a program. Again, no KPL buttons or other switches involved. Purely from the software.

Finally, I would like an ISY program to invoke some method in the JDK as an action from a program. Again, this should not be linked to something actually going on with Insteon hardware.

Thanks!

siegeld,

Thanks so very much. I think I am beginning to understand what you are looking for. Have you ever tried using the onTriggerStatus() callback? This function is called when any of the triggers change state (i.e. are run/stopped/idle, etc.).

Adding a JSDK event is an excellent idea and one which we'll review and in all likelihood implement. In the short term, you can create a program with an empty Then block. Every time that program is run, onTriggerStatus() is called within which you can trap your specific event and do as you wish.

As far as a scene being turned on, we do not maintain the state of the "scene" that's why you don't get any notifications of the status. What does it mean that a scene is turned on?

With kind regards,

Michel

As an example of the final request, you already have a NOTIFY function, that sends out email. I'd like the have a version of this NOTIFY that triggers a method in the Java JDK.

siegeld,

You can do this using the same onTriggerStatus callback. Simply look for the event associated with your program!

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks.

What I mean about the scene feature request is this. Let me use an example:

I have a program that runs at sunset that enables the "Nightime Scene". I'd like to get a JDK event that says, basically, "Nightime Scene - ON".

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, the other related request which I have was as follows:

I want to define a scene, say Night Lights ON, that is enables certain lights, but is not linked to any particular "controller" button. I would like to be able to have ISY run a program when this scene is turned ON or OFF.

This would allow, for example, triggering Night Lights On from the JDK, which would turn on the scene, and also, if one was defined, run a program on that event.

siegeld,

We shall work on it!

With kind regards,

Michel

Oh, the other related request which I have was as follows:

I want to define a scene, say Night Lights ON, that is enables certain lights, but is not linked to any particular "controller" button. I would like to be able to have ISY run a program when this scene is turned ON or OFF.

This would allow, for example, triggering Night Lights On from the JDK, which would turn on the scene, and also, if one was defined, run a program on that event.

Archived