Mobilinc Disconnected. Attempting to reconnect to ISY

BigEfromDaBx

17 minutes ago, SRS said:

You are very gracious to reply. However, I just checked things prior to getting back on to reply to you and, after being down all day, I'm inexplicably back up and running. Still good to know someone's out there... 

This may happen again. Answer @TrojanHorse's  questions above. He is trying to help you avoid this in the future.

31 minutes ago, InsteonNut said:

Hi @SRS

We've been investigating this today and the issue is appearing to us like a network routing issue with our provider that mysteriously cleared up about 30 mins ago. We're watching this closely, but hopeful that the issue is now resolved.

Wes

I've been fighting this much of the afternoon and evening and it suddenly started to work. My iPhone Mobilinc and Alexa devices didn't work either. Now that it works I found out that I've lost many of the Scenes and all the Programs that I had on my Dashboard. This may have happened when I thought I had to reconnect and so re-registered Mobilinc with the ISY. Now I have to spend more hours trying to set up my Mobilinc Dashboard. (Is there a way to get this original Dashboard configuration back?)

What is the best way we could get a notification the next time something like this happens so that we don't spend hours trying to fix an issue that's not our issue? 

Thanks,

Steve

I am not the OP or person with the most recent problems, but had a similar issue of Orchestrated Mobilinc not connecting for several days, and losing many (but not all) dashboard devices. It's not happening now but happened earlier this month, twice, so I'm posting info in case it helps Wes or others diagnose a larger issue. Also, on one occasion it occurred for only one of my two ISYs.

Router: Peplink Balance 30 LTE.

Portal: UDI (two ISYs running through that, with two portal profiles, but they share a common external WAN connection.

ISYs have static LAN IP assigned.

ISYs do not have DHCP reservation within router.

Suggestions welcome (first time this has happened after years of OML use), but posting primarily to aid in diagnosis.

TrojanHorse: I’m using a Netgear Nighthawk. I’m using DHCP and the issues (appearing fully resolved as of my last post) occurred on LAN and WAN. I have but a single ISY.

At this point I’m assuming the issue was related to Wes’ post, “network routing issue with our provider.” My setup is so very simple compared to many of you and I rarely have the types of issues posted here.

Just to touch on other recent posts in this thread: I have had no impact on my Dashboard, etc., thank goodness! Not working ---> Working. 

TrojanHorse: I’m using a Netgear Nighthawk. I’m using DHCP and the issues (appearing fully resolved as of my last post) occurred on LAN and WAN. I have but a single ISY.

At this point I’m assuming the issue was related to Wes’ post, “network routing issue with our provider.” My setup is so very simple compared to many of you and I rarely have the types of issues posted here.

Just to touch on other recent posts in this thread: I have had no impact on my Dashboard, etc., thank goodness! Not working ---> Working. 

Sorry for delay...

Hmm I’m also using a Netgear Nighthawk and had problems with DHCP errors. Every 5 seconds... running latest Netgear firmware and ISY 5.0.16B.

Glad you’re up and running. You may still have the DHCP errors. The DHCP errors were causing slowness for me on Polisy and Elk and MobiLinc loading locally and remotely. Features that use the network basically. I use VPN not MobiLinc connect or ISY portal.

The workaround was to assign the address in my router (been doing for years) and have the ISY set for the same address (recent). I think @LarryLix mentioned he’s using this fix for a different router and maybe different problem? But this isn’t a best practice and would be nice to not need to do this.

Can you check the error log to see if these errors occur frequently and persist day after day? If yes then I may try to track down a better fix, although to get somewhere I’d need to prod UDI or Netgear with evidence of more users having same problem. UDI was helpful but I think there was an opinion that something was uniquely wonky with my setup. I suspect we’re not alone and we’re not choosing wonky...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

It (the Mobilink Disconnected... issue) has gradually been happening more and more over the years until it is finally 99% of the time failing. I surprised when it works. 
Fixed IPs all around (always have). Changed the ISY’s DNS a few days ago to 8.8.4.4 and was happy for about a day. Wife thinks Wi-Fi around the house (generally she means internet use) is slower and slower. I test a phone (over Wi-Fi) based speed test and it’s always good ping and up/dn speeds. Is it possible my router is just dying a slow wifi death? There are many switches in my network tho too. Like a star network with stars on several of the points of which the ISY & Polisy are on one. Not sure how to ts this problem out. 

Hi @kp3

Another DNS you can try is 1.1.1.1 if that doesn't help then try pulling the ISY's Error Log from the Admin Console->Tools->Error Log and send it to us at support@mobilinc.com and we can take a first pass look at what's going on. Or you can send it to UDI support for their input on what's causing the ISY to drop off the network.

Wes

• 2 weeks later...

Orchestrated Mobilinc was ok for a good stretch of days after an ISY reboot but reared its head for the last two days now. I will send the error log as you suggested.

...and everything always returns to normal for a while after a ISY reboot. 

8/10 - well thats no longer true  OM is inoperable. The ISY bogs dreadfully and has the ’Socket Open Failed java.net.SocketTimeoutException’ syndrome.

i created a ticket. :-/

• 6 months later...

I have a similar issue that also manifests where when I open UDI Admin Console, it says "Maximum subscribes reached"  This can only be fixed by rebooting ISY.

Looked at router, uninstalled mobilin and reinstalled/ removed all devices and started from scratch.  Not sure where to go next. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived