Deleted Programs Continue To Run

GTCJ

I had a series of programs that controlled the lighting in a specific room based on control or status of a motion sensor.  The motion sensor is not linked to any device other than the ISY994i.  The programs merely

I attempted to change some aspects of those programs and was unable to achieve desired / expected results. 

I deleted all of the programs with the intention of starting over. 

The programs still run.

I have looked at all programs and scenes and cannot find a program or scene that would be controlling the lighting.

Rebooted the ISY994i and upon restoration, the programs continued to run.

The log indicates the affected devices are responding to a program.

Large system.  Many years of operation.  Have never had a more elusive problem.

Just to be on the safe side......  Did you do a 'save' after deleting the program ?

This...

It’s my understanding that when you delete a program, it’s marked as deleted (and suppressed from the UI and still operational) but not actually deleted until the save is performed.

Also - enhancement request. Can the log record the program ID when program initiated events are logged?

Thank you all for taking the time to read and respond.

Initially when I was having the problems, I disabled all of the related programs, and I normally hit save after doing anything with programs but it is possible I missed the step.

But I believe the actual culprit was forgotten links between the motion sensor and the switch.  The links were not visible in the device displays but took the sensor and switches back to factory and what I thought were the programs running - stopped.  So I don't think it was a program but a scene from the long past.  Problem (scene) has probably been there for a long time, just wasn't apparent because it essentially mimicked a set of programs.  I still don't understand why the log would register program triggered.

Great suggestion on logging the program numbers in the log.

Thanks again.

46 minutes ago, GTCJ said:

Thank you all for taking the time to read and respond.

Initially when I was having the problems, I disabled all of the related programs, and I normally hit save after doing anything with programs but it is possible I missed the step.

But I believe the actual culprit was forgotten links between the motion sensor and the switch.  The links were not visible in the device displays but took the sensor and switches back to factory and what I thought were the programs running - stopped.  So I don't think it was a program but a scene from the long past.  Problem (scene) has probably been there for a long time, just wasn't apparent because it essentially mimicked a set of programs.  I still don't understand why the log would register program triggered.

Great suggestion on logging the program numbers in the log.

Thanks again.

We've all been there with things from the past and forgotten.

I remember one girlfriend from the old...... I guess I should start a new thread?  :)

Archived