Admin Console Text Too Small - Windows 10

born2dive

Hi,

I am a Mac user and have been for a very long time.  I don't own any Windows machines.  So I am not a Windows expert.

I recently installed Windows 10 (using BootCamp) on my Mac so I can run 1 programs that is only available for Windows and I need it for work.

I installed the ISY Admin Console and it placed an icon on my desktop.  The problem is that when I launch the console, the text is tiny and basically unusable.  I have a high DPI Apple display.  Everything else e.g. the program I needed, firefox, etc, looks fine.  It's just the admin console that seems to have the problem.

Any ideas how to fix?

I can always continue to just use the console on the Mac side so this is not a huge deal but would be nice to get sorted out.

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, born2dive said:

Hi,

I am a Mac user and have been for a very long time.  I don't own any Windows machines.

I recently installed Windows 10 (using BootCamp) on my Mac so I can run 1 programs that is only available for Windows and I need it for work.

I installed the ISY Admin Console and it placed an icon on my desktop.  The problem is that when I launch the console, the text is tiny and basically unusable.  I have a high DPI Apple display.  Everything else e.g. the program I needed, firefox, etc, looks fine.  It's just the admin console that seems to have the problem.

Any ideas how to fix?

I can always continue to just use the console on the Mac side so this is not a huge deal but would be nice to get sorted out.

Thanks.

In the admin console pull down the File menu and select Themes, and then Font size. Select a font size  and then close and reopen the admin console

Right-click the icon, I forget which tab, but find ‘Compatibility mode’ and change it to ‘Windows XP’.

The issue is your screen is a HDPI screen, and Java does not play well with newer APIs that HDPI exposes. This seems to work around the issue for most people.

Archived