Confusion on random alerts

listen2this1

On average of 4 times a week I get an alert that my front door (Open/Close Sensor) has opened. It happens exactly 10:01pm but the log doesn't show anything at that time. There's no active alerts on that sensor. Has anyone else had such an issue?
Are you using the contact indication reverse feature?

Do you have a query program set to run at 10:00 PM each night?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

A possibility is that the open / close sensor somehow got its links corrupted.

Try deleting the sensor from the ISY, do a factory reset on the sensor, then link it back to the ISY.

Make sure that only one sensor is in the linking mode at any one time.

Note: when you delete it the sensor will also be removed from any programs where it appeared so you'll have to add it back to those program lines.

11 minutes ago, listen2this1 said:

James_Front_Entry_Text - [ID 0009][Parent 0001][Not Enabled]

If
        Status  'Front Door.2 - Door Closed' is Off

Then
        Send Notification to 'James Text' content 'Front Door Open'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Ok.

This program is not enabled, which means its not running on its own, regardless of the status of the sensor. Can you share the program(s) that calls James_Front_Entry_Text? 

In the ideal world,  you should have this program enabled, and no other ISY program calling it. If you only want alerts at certain times, you can add another program statement that sets a time window

Paul

28 minutes ago, paulbates said:

Ok.

This program is not enabled, which means its not running on its own, regardless of the status of the sensor. Can you share the program(s) that calls James_Front_Entry_Text? 

In the ideal world,  you should have this program enabled, and no other ISY program calling it. If you only want alerts at certain times, you can add another program statement that sets a time window

Paul

I think we are not quite on the same page. I had the program working great when enabled. This program is the only one that uses James_Front_Entry_Text. I have been using it occasionally because I am having a struggle with getting a KPL to work the way I want. I am enabling it tonight to see if I get the alert at 10pm. 

If it continues I will remove like Techman suggested.

Again thanks for all the assistance.

I think we are not quite on the same page. I had the program working great when enabled. This program is the only one that uses James_Front_Entry_Text. I have been using it occasionally because I am having a struggle with getting a KPL to work the way I want. I am enabling it tonight to see if I get the alert at 10pm.   

If it continues I will remove like Techman suggested.

Again thanks for all the assistance.

I think there was some confusion there. 

Paul asked

'Can you share the program(s) that calls James_Front_Entry_Text? '

The question wasn't about other programs calling the same notification, it was about other programs calling this program.

Use the admin console search program find to locate any occurrence of the program name text. This happens to all of us. We have some old forgotten program we forgot to hit save when we deleted it months ago.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived