Communication issues with Z-wave and KPL

deirwin

I have several issues that I think are related.

1. No longer able to communicate with thermostats (z-wave)
    1. I was able to communicate with a few this morning, but not all, and now, none.
    2. ISY is located approximately 10 feet from one thermostat.
  2. No Keypads work for any purpose other than  primary switch - programming and secondary functions no longer work.
    1. I have been having keypad issues for long time, but removed all but 5.  4 of the 5 remaining in system had been working fine prior.

Three incidents that could have impacted things (that I know of):

1. I moved the ISY to a different part of house.
  2. I changed the IP address of ISY 6-8 weeks ago
  3. Power outage occurred a few times in last couple of weeks
    1. We have automated whole-house generator, but during the last outage, the generator did not start, so we went several hours without power.
    2. Typically after a power outage, I have to manually reset the keypads by pulling tab out for 10 seconds.  This has not helped this time.

I would be grateful for any thoughts on what to do.

I responded a few days ago, but apparently did not send...  I did perform the z-wave heal, but it didn't help.  I moved ISY back to original location, and all thermostats almost instantly showed status.  That problem resolved.  KPL issues continue.  It turns out, we still have 8.  3 make a clicking sound and will do nothing.  3 seem to be working perfectly.  1 only turns on its own light, but other buttons do not perform their function.  1 performs functions for all buttons, but lights do not appear indicating they are on...

Archived