Thermostat Current State off by few degrees

mike123456789

I have a Venstar Thermostat. The reading I am getting on the ISY from the thermostat is consistently off by a few degrees. Thermostat reads 70, ISY says 67. Anyone having this issue? I searched around the forums and didn't really see anyone talking about this particular issue, which leads me to believe it may be a hardware issue with my thermostat or INSTEON module for the thermostat. I am able to change settings on the thermostat from the ISY and the changes are almost instantaneous so I don't think it is a communication issue.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

Did you Query the thermostat? The thermostat doesn't automatically send temperature changes, it must be querried. There is a post on the forum with a program that querries the thermostat every x amount of minutes. Not sure if this is your problem, but you should querry the thermostat from the ISY and see if values match.

I could have sworn that I queried before checking, but I must not have. I setup the query every 15 mins, and it appears to be correct now (although it has been the same temp since asking the question). I will report back later if there are any issues.

Thanks for your help jwag.

Mike

Archived