Echo Plus Teardown *****

Mustang65

Well it did not take long, but I believe the Echo Plus has a raspy voice now. Sounds like a ripped speaker. So, I decided to look around and find some teardown instructions. This link takes you through a step by step teardown. First I need to see if I have the extended warranty, if not, well this site should come in handy.  Very interesting seeing the innards. 

Don

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Amazon+Echo+Teardown/33953

Echo Plus UPDATE!!!!

I decided to see if I could find out what was causing the raspy voice sound from the Echo. I was shaking it, turning it upside down and I noticed when I picked it up the voice became normal. I put it down and the raspy voice came back. I picked it up and no problem, for some reason I put it down on an envelope and to my surprise there was no raspy voice. I picked it up and put it on the hard counter... yup you guessed it Raspy voice. I cut a piece of thin cardboard and put it under the Echo and it sounds great.

It turns out that the Echo has always been on a piece of mail, to keep the letter from falling off the ledge, and it always sounded good. That letter was removed last week.

I do not care what is causing the problem, it works, don't fix it!!!!

The best news is I do not have to disassemble it.

Archived