ISY Portal Maintenance - 11-25-2018

bmercier

11 minutes ago, J_Barrett said:

Hi

I notice the same problem on 11-8-18. I had just up graded to 5.014 and figured  the thermostats did not work in the alexa app any more due the 5.014 upgrade

Jim Barrett

Please try it again. Should be working now.

This was NOT due to this morning's update. It's something that Amazon changed recently.

I reviewed the API, and by trial and error, I was able to figure out the problem. 

Technically, I expose the PowerController controller for thermostats, which allows to say Alexa, turn off <thermostat>, which sets the mode to off. When returning the thermostat state, we need to return the power state on/off, which previously was not a requirement.

Benoit

• Like 1
On 11/25/2018 at 5:09 PM, bmercier said:

So the password issue is with the Amazon account. You may want to try to reset that password.

Benoit

Yesterday, I decided to try my recorded (1Password) account number one more time with Amazon. To my surprise, the password was accepted. Moreover, when I completed forget/discover all devices were recognized. Then, without having to enable/disable as you email directed, my spokens were accepted by my Echo's. Did you do anything in the background regarding my situation? If not, this is just another bizarre moment in my Alexa experience. Now, as soon as I get the time, I need to address my second portal account, Wolf Creek.

One last thing-- under "google home", click "send spokens to google home", I get this error:
Error sending your spokens. Google home API returned: PERMISSION_DENIED The caller does not have permission
I think everybody has got that error for the last six months. It doesn't seem to make any difference to operation.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, smokegrub said:

Yesterday, I decided to try my recorded (1Password) account number one more time with Amazon. To my surprise, the password was accepted. Moreover, when I completed forget/discover all devices were recognized. Then, without having to enable/disable as you email directed, my spokens were accepted by my Echo's. Did you do anything in the background regarding my situation? If not, this is just another bizarre moment in my Alexa experience. Now, as soon as I get the time, I need to address my second portal account, Wolf Creek.

No, I did not do anything in the background.

I'm glad to see it's working.

Benoit

5 hours ago, starmanj said:

Hi Benoit-

Wondering if you backed out the recent update?  The portal doesn't show "My profile", just "My account".  When I click on user, it only shows "preferred ISY", not "all ISYs".

Spearse

No, the update was not backed out.

You should see "My Account" besides "ISY" and "Users".

You should see "My profile" at the top right of the screen.

The new option is shown only in My Profile.

Benoit

5 hours ago, starmanj said:

One last thing-- under "google home", click "send spokens to google home", I get this error:

Error sending your spokens. Google home API returned: PERMISSION_DENIED The caller does not have permission

Please use the Google App to unlink and relink.

Also, in your GH Spokens, if by any chance you only have scenes and or programs, please add a "dummy" device in there, one that changes at least every days. This is to keep the link active.

Benoit

4 hours ago, starmanj said:

Also your suggestion to link/unlink Google Home worked!  Spokens were successfully sent to Google home.

As I have mentioned before, another method to send Spokens to GH is with "OK Google synch my devices". You may get a little pause but then GH confirms the synchronization.

Edited by asbril
  • Like 1
You don't lose the "Home". But you do lose the room assignments, unfortunately.
Benoit

It’s been a little bit since I did a unlink/relink - but I’m fairly sure that since I have rooms set in ISY Portal the rooms got allocated correctly in Google Home when I relinked.

Was that a fluke?
27 minutes ago, MWareman said:

It’s been a little bit since I did a unlink/relink - but I’m fairly sure that since I have rooms set in ISY Portal the rooms got allocated correctly in Google Home when I relinked.

Was that a fluke?

The API used to sync devices has a field for the room, and that field is set with the room configured in ISY Portal.

When GH integration was initially implemented, I tested it and it did not work. This, and other documented features, were not working. I think they were planned, but not yet implemented on Google's side. 

It may very well have been implemented since then. This would need to be retested.

Benoit

• Like 1

I will say, while not delinking yet I did just add a few devices and assign a room (in the ISY Portal) and spoken.

I synced to Google Home (this worked flawlessly since I’ve changed from sending scenes to devices) and lo and behold the new devices showed in the Google Home app as being in their correct rooms.

So, somewhat confirmed.... default_smile.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 11 months later...

Something strange has started happening. The office ceiling lights have an entry in my ISY portal as "office lights" .  When I request Alexa to turn these lights on or off Alexa states that there is more than one entry for "office lights".  There isn't. I first noticed this on 11/30, but I don't reference the office lights daily, only occasionally. I have not changed anything at all in several months. All other rooms lights work correctly, in fact, all of my spoken commands in the ISY portal work fine with the exception of "office lights". Alexa suggests I forget all and rediscover.  Before I do that i am wondering if anybody else has noticed a problem such as this or something similar.