Insteon 2844-222 motion sensor II HASS bug

steve9f

I recently upgraded my ISY to v5.0.14 so that I could take advantage expanded support for the new Insteon motion sensor. I discovered a bug in the isy994 component that caused the component to fail. Turns out that the subnode id for the Insteon devices is hex but the component expected decimal - not a problem until you get a device with a address > 9. I've opened a bug report with home assistant. If you're looking for a fix you can edit binary_sensory/isy994.py changing line 55 to subnode_id = int(node.nid[-1], 16) 

You can track the issue here https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/18867

From the traceback at the beginning of the thread it's different (didn't read the entire thread). My setup worked fine except the motion II causes it to throw an error in the binary_sensor component..

I have limited experience running Hassio. You may be able to access the file it you install ssh if you haven't already tried that. Another alternative might be to clone the isy994 component into your custom components directory and make the change there.

I've reported the issue on the home assistant GitHub repository but no one had responded. As the fix is trivial I may try to go through the pull request process but will be my first time so might take a bit to navigate

I recently upgraded my ISY to v5.0.14 so that I could take advantage expanded support for the new Insteon motion sensor. I discovered a bug in the isy994 component that caused the component to fail. Turns out that the subnode id for the Insteon devices is hex but the component expected decimal - not a problem until you get a device with a address > 9. I've opened a bug report with home assistant. If you're looking for a fix you can edit binary_sensory/isy994.py changing line 55 to subnode_id = int(node.nid[-1], 16) 

You can track the issue here https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/18867

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Archived