KPL buttons gone??

ergodic

I have a 6-button KPL which now appears in the ISY with only the load button. The other four buttons are not there (I sorted My Lighting by address and checked - just one entry.) Somewhere along the line the ancillary buttons (which weren't doing anything yet) just.... vanished.

Is there ANY way to add these back in without completely deleting the device and re-adding it? It's tied in as a responder in all sorts of scenes including motion sensors etc. and I'd really like to avoid rebuilding and checking it all if possible.

I did try manually adding the device and address back with 'keep existing links'. That didn't hurt anything but it didn't do anything either.

Hello ergodic,

I do apologize for the inconvenience. Would you be kind enough to go to Tools | Generate Topology and see if they show up over there?

As far as adding them without removing the load, unfortunately that's impossible. What troubles me is that Admin Console does NOT allow buttons to be removed individually. Did you ever try removing any of the buttons at all?

With kind regards,

Michel

I have a 6-button KPL which now appears in the ISY with only the load button. The other four buttons are not there (I sorted My Lighting by address and checked - just one entry.) Somewhere along the line the ancillary buttons (which weren't doing anything yet) just.... vanished.

Is there ANY way to add these back in without completely deleting the device and re-adding it? It's tied in as a responder in all sorts of scenes including motion sensors etc. and I'd really like to avoid rebuilding and checking it all if possible.

I did try manually adding the device and address back with 'keep existing links'. That didn't hurt anything but it didn't do anything either.

They did not show in generate topology. I just bit the bullet and removed and re-added. It occurred to me too late I could have replaced a temporary KPL in there and then swapped back. Never attempted to remove individual button nodes, but the buttons were unused by anything.

Hello ergodic,

Thanks for the update ... I have to consider this a bug since this use case is NOT allowed from within the Admin Console.

Please do keep an eye and let me know if this happens again and under what circumstances.

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

They did not show in generate topology. I just bit the bullet and removed and re-added. It occurred to me too late I could have replaced a temporary KPL in there and then swapped back. Never attempted to remove individual button nodes, but the buttons were unused by anything.
  • 2 weeks later...

I just had the same thing happen to my ISY today. I deleted one KPL button from a scene , that is when I noticed that the KPL button was not listed in the device list column. I also noticed 1 KPL button which is used to set a folder true or false is also missing. "C" & "D" buttons are missing from 1 6 button KPL. The rest of the KPL's are listed, so far.

I generated a topology and the buttons are listed there.

I am running 2.7.4 and the KPL is 2486D v.2C

Any suggestions on getting them back?

Thanks in advance.

Hello TJF1960,

I do apologize for the inconvenience. The odd part is that the topology is generated from the same exact object as the Admin Console. So, if they are not missing in the topology but missing in the Admin Console then I suspect we have a bug in the Admin Console. If possible, would you be kind enough to click on the Network node and then sort the table on Address? It's possible that the nodes were renamed to something else ...

With kind regards,

Michel

I just had the same thing happen to my ISY today. I deleted one KPL button from a scene , that is when I noticed that the KPL button was not listed in the device list column. I also noticed 1 KPL button which is used to set a folder true or false is also missing. "C" & "D" buttons are missing from 1 6 button KPL. The rest of the KPL's are listed, so far.

I generated a topology and the buttons are listed there.

I am running 2.7.4 and the KPL is 2486D v.2C

Any suggestions on getting them back?

Thanks in advance.

Hello TJF1960,

If possible, would you be kind enough to click on the Network node and then sort the table on Address? It's possible that the nodes were renamed to something else ...

With kind regards,

Michel

[

Sorry, I have not been able to figure out what you are asking me to do. Can you give me a little detail?

Also, for what it is worth, I noticed that one of the KPL Buttons which is missing is still listed in a scene.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Apologies for not being clearer.

Basically, what we want to do is to make sure they are actually still registered in ISY. The best way to do this is to click on the Network Node (to your left). When done, you will see a table with a list of devices. If you have 2.7.3 and above, all your buttons will be listed in that table. To make sure you still have those buttons, click on the Address column so that you can sort them. Once sorted, you can count how many have the same address with each one having a different suffix corresponding to the button number.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello TJF1960,

If possible, would you be kind enough to click on the Network node and then sort the table on Address? It's possible that the nodes were renamed to something else ...

With kind regards,

Michel

[

Sorry, I have not been able to figure out what you are asking me to do. Can you give me a little detail?

Also, for what it is worth, I noticed that one of the KPL Buttons which is missing is still listed in a scene.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Michel,

Interesting, all the address locations are only 6 digit, with no suffix. For example the my KPL labeled Entry KPL (the one missing 2 buttons) shows the address: 05.15.67 for each of the 3 buttons listed. But in the topology it lists the addresses as: 05.15.67.1, 05.15.67.3, 05.15.67.4 and so on until the last one is .6

None of the KPL buttons listed in the ISY have a suffix!

But it seems to me when I added the last KPL over the weekend I remember seeing the suffix 1, A, B, C and D at the end of the address.

I am not sure exactly what happened or when. I havent had any problems or quirks I can think of, everything seems to have been running pretty smoothly with the system.

I have been running 2.7.4 for about 2 weeks.

Please let me know what else I can do or try.

Thanks,

Tim

Hello Tim,

Apologies ... can you count the number of the same KPL buttons in the table? And, if so, do they match the number of buttons on your device (6 button KPL = 5 nodes; 8 button KPL = 8 nodes)?

With kind regards,

Michel

There are 3 nodes all the same address with no suffix for the 6 button device.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,

We have started a root cause analysis on this issue. It would be great if you could enable internet access on your unit and send the following to support@universal-devices.com

1. Your URL

2. Your credentials (reset to admin/admin)

3. The address of the device with missing buttons

I do apologize for the inconvenience and I do very much appreciate your help in finding the root cause.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived