Apple Watch Series 3 and Extended Screens

Goose66

Does this still work? I can see my dashboard devices on the watch, but the status does not update, and if I touch any device, it doesn't change the status. All software is up to date. I tried resetting and starting again afresh on the watch but now all the devices just say "Loading" and I can't see the device titles. Attached is the Lighting Controller setup screen from my Mobilinc Settings.

Screenshot.thumb.jpg.b717d3e7f93cbba07f0891fd52e452e4.jpg

But those connections work fine for Mobilinc on the iPhone. I interpreted "Extended Screens" to mean extending the Mobilinc iOS experience to my Apple Watch. Are you saying the Apple Watch program is a fundamentally different program requiring different infrastructure to support it?

Hi @Goose66

It's definitely a different program. It runs almost all on the watch and is different than the iPhone. Network, however, still mostly goes through the iPhone which has its own set of challenges. 

I can't speak to how the ISY Portal works, but for direct IP connections, the iPhone doesn't share active ports with the Apple Watch, so, auto-detecting which route to take can be problematic depending on a number of conditions if your router does not support IP Loopback. 

MobiLinc Connect is different in a fundamental way: all connections go through our server. No iPhone network routing conflicts to deal with. Plus, no limit to the number of connections to your ISY either like you have with a direct IP Connection.

Wes

Archived