Unwanted Links in RemoteLinc

NewTech

Certainly no expert here, but the problem sounds vaguely familiar to my problem I had that when exiting the RL linking mode I pressed one of the key buttons, and this caused all sorts of problems. I was instructed to hit the "Dim" button on the RL to exit linking and it solved my problem. Hope that may help

Joe

Michel and Joe,

WOW! I've been hitting the bright button to exit linking mode. I will for sure try exiting by hitting the "Dim" button and let you know!

Okay- Tried yet another factory reset, verified there were no links in the Remotelinc, tried to do a links table which failed, tried to do a restore device which failed, removed the RL button 1 from the scene, reinstalled it back into the scene which did complete without error, but now I must hold down the button #1 in order to get the light to turn on/off and then even though the ramp rate is set for 2.0 seconds when triggered by the RL it takes about 30 seconds for the light to reach full on/off. There is no more tapping the button to turn on/off the lamp.

I PROMISE I am NOT making this stuff up- it REALLY is happening!!! I am beginning to wonder if maybe I'm dreaming.

Hi NewTech,

Does this mean that at the least we can now add RL to scenes without issues? If so, we have actually made progress and then we can work on figuring out the ramp rate issue. Am I correct?

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

Well, you are sort of correct. It DID take me about 4 tries to get the RL to link to a scene. And, I've only been able to link to one scene. All other attempts have failed!

Now an observation/question for you... Buttons 4-6 on my RL are NOT included in any scenes. Instead they are set to activate programs in the ISY. After a factory reset shouldn't those buttons still control the program in the ISY since they were never removed from the ISY's "If" statement? The RL also was never removed from the ISY either!

Hi NewTech,

I think it's time we schedule a call for your with our tech support. I do not wish you to spend/waste more of your time going back and forth on the forum.

Would you be kind enough to submit a ticket at http://www.universal-devices.com/contact.htm and we'll schedule a call for you.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi NewTech,

Does this mean that at the least we can now add RL to scenes without issues? If so, we have actually made progress and then we can work on figuring out the ramp rate issue. Am I correct?

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

Well, you are sort of correct. It DID take me about 4 tries to get the RL to link to a scene. And, I've only been able to link to one scene. All other attempts have failed!

Now an observation/question for you... Buttons 4-6 on my RL are NOT included in any scenes. Instead they are set to activate programs in the ISY. After a factory reset shouldn't those buttons still control the program in the ISY since they were never removed from the ISY's "If" statement? The RL also was never removed from the ISY either!

Hi NewTech,

I think it's time we schedule a call for your with our tech support. I do not wish you to spend/waste more of your time going back and forth on the forum.

Would you be kind enough to submit a ticket at http://www.universal-devices.com/contact.htm and we'll schedule a call for you.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi NewTech,

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

Michel,

Actually Steve Lee from SmartLabs is going to call me tomorrow (Saturday) at 2:00 PM EDT. If you don't care I would like to wait for his call since I've already confirmed this call with him. THEN... if we determine the problem is ISY related I'll submit a tech ticket.

Archived